10 books that will inspire any of us
There are books, after reading which the reader thinks about many things and decides to change himself and the world around. And which of them can be called the most inspiring?
We offer top 10 books for inspiration:
- "451 degrees Fahrenheit", Ray Bradbury. This book is a true cry of the soul, which makes everyone think about where the world is heading. Events unfold in a dystopian society, in which all books, especially those that make you think, are destroyed. The electric dog preys on dissidents, television inspires invented silly truths, and punitive psychiatrists “set brains” on everyone whose minds have bright thoughts. Such is the picture of the future doomed post-industrial society, in the opinion of the author. 451 degrees is the temperature at which the paper ignites. The main character is looking for books and burns them mercilessly, but soon the ideals of modern society disappoint him, and he decides to join the group of hermits who memorize the remaining books in order to pass on the past to their descendants.What does this work inspire? To start thinking with my head and forget about television, preferring books to him.
- “To Kill a Mockingbird”, Lee Harper. After reading this book, everyone thinks that sometimes it is worth looking at the world through the eyes of a child, which will allow you to see it not through the prism of imposed ideas and principles, but from the point of view of the purity of the soul. “To Kill a Mockingbird” is a novel about human morals, about injustice and inequality. The action takes place in a small town in the state of Alabama in the mid 30s of the last century (namely, in those times in America, an economic depression raged). The author on behalf of the girl clearly described the classes and the stratification of society, as well as inequality and bias towards representatives of different social groups. All the people described by the heroine are subject to prejudice and prejudice and personify the law, the power and the various evils of society. After reading the novel, you change your attitude to life and to people.
- "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. This autobiographical novel will motivate us to finally abandon the seeming calm, stability and such a boring life and open up for something new and unknown. The main character, it would seem, has everything: an excellent husband, home, work, money.But she does not have the most important thing - happiness, simple female happiness. And she decides to go in search of him and drastically change her life. It all starts with a divorce, which takes a lot of energy. She meets a man, but realizes that he is not the one she needs. And then Elizabeth goes on a business trip. The resulting fee a woman decides to spend on a trip. She goes to the most unknown corners of the world and learns to live anew, knowing all the joys and discovering something new. Eat, pray, love. This is what will help you to have fun and find yourself finally.
- "Men from Mars, Women from Venus", John Gray. The author of this book is a psychologist, and it is a real universal tool for both genders, which will definitely help to solve many problems in a relationship. What will this novel inspire? Looking at your other half from the other side and accepting it with all the flaws. Most of the difficulties arise precisely because women and men are very different. They have different attitudes towards life, different views, different aspirations. And in order to avoid problems, you need to find a common language that will help achieve mutual understanding.And the book will really help to look differently at family life and learn how to simply love, and not demand something, as many do.
- “One Hundred Years of Solitude” by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. This is the story of loneliness of one kind and all of humanity as a whole. The novel describes the story of the birth, flourishing and decline of the Buendía family. Each of this kind is lonely in its own way and suffers greatly from it. The disunity of all relatives and their inability to accept and understand each other are described by the author from a mythological point of view. Some vices are described especially cynically and ridiculed. Some representatives of the genus have a craving for incest, which provokes a curse that predetermines the fate of all members of the family. What will inspire this work? To start, finally, to appreciate relatives and honor their roots.
- "Martin Eden", Jack London. This book will inspire anyone to develop and prove that if you want, you can achieve a lot. The main character is a simple sailor who accidentally saves a young aristocrat. He, wanting to thank his savior, invites him to his home. Soon, Martin realizesthat has strong feelings for his new friend's sister. Ruth is rich, beautiful and educated. And in order to get her attention, the hero begins to read books and develop. Soon he realizes that all the accumulated knowledge needs to be thrown out and expounded, so he begins to write. This is the story of an amazing ascent from the bottom to the top of the literary Olympus, which will inspire anyone to improve and develop themselves.
- “The Long Road to Freedom,” Nelson Mandela. This book is the autobiography of Nelson Mandela, the former president of South Africa. It describes the difficult life of a South African. He talks about his childhood, adolescence, coming of age, years spent studying, as well as imprisonment, which lasted 27 years. There was a time when Mandela was considered a terrorist, for which he was imprisoned. But he was able to survive, save face, become president and do a lot for his native country and the people living in it. He dedicated the autobiography to colleagues, relatives, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, comrades, as well as South Africans who support him.
- "The Time Traveler's Wife", Audrey Niffenegger. This is a poignant love story that could not kill distance, difficulties, fear and misunderstanding. The husband of the main character suffers from a rare genetic disease that makes him travel in time. They are dangerous and make the hero often leave her beloved, but that does not stop anything, her feelings are stronger than any obstacles. What will this book inspire? At least for something to fall in love and not think about the difficulties. All of them are surmountable.
- "The richest man in Babylon," George Clayson. Dreaming of wealth and success? Then this book is for you, it will help you start your path to success. The work considers all aspects of success, and personal. Here are offered universal tips that will help fill the wallet and become independent. After reading this unique book, you can begin to act, solve the mysteries of money, create your capital, make a profit and make money work for you. This is a real collection of basic laws of economics, which are stated in an understandable language and are very relevant.
- The Beach, Alex Garland. This is a dystopian novel, which describes the current generation.Young people understand all the meaninglessness of their existence in this world, saturated with commerce, and strive for something better, bigger and higher. The search for paradise on earth leads the heroes to an unusual island on which the same seekers of happiness and ultimate pleasure dwell. But getting to the white beach is not as easy as we would like. The plot is so unusual that it makes you worry. And the ending will lead to thoughts that can change the worldview.
How and why to talk with a partner about sex
Interesting banana dishes
How and why to cook kapu
5 career myths that it’s time to stop believing
Do not know where to keep shoes in the country Then PVC pipes to help you