8 Effective Ways to Remove Plaque in Five Minutes
5 Effective Ways To Have Good Oral Health
They say that a smile is the most beautiful thing a woman possesses; one that can bring the whole armies down to their knees. So, are you taking care of that precious smile? Good oral hygiene not only adds beauty to your smile but also keeps the gum and mouth infections away. WHO defines oral health as, “a state of being free from chronic mouth and facial pain, oral and throat cancer, oral sores, birth defects, such as cleft lip and palate, periodontal (gum) disease, tooth decay and tooth loss, and other diseases and disorders that affect the oral cavity”.
Common Symptoms Of Poor Oral Health:
- Bad breath
- Sore, swollen and bleeding gums
- Deposits of plaque and tartar or your teeth
- Receding gums
- Toothache and sensitive teeth
[ Read:Simple Ways To Whiten Teeth]
Preventive Care For Improving Oral Health:
You need to keep in mind the following necessary things for good oral health:
- Brush your teeth twice a day. But if you eat small, frequent meals in a day, then twice is not enough. It can lead to plaque buildup, which causes cavities and other gum diseases. So try to brush thrice a day for better hygiene.
- Brushing your teeth properly in the correct way is important. Brush the outside (front part), inside (back part) and chewing side of each of your teeth thoroughly by moving the brush in a circular motion. Keep the motions gentle otherwise you might harm your enamel.
- It takes 2 minutes brushing time to remove all the bacteria.
- Have you ever noticed the white coating on your tongue when you wake up in the morning? That whiteness is the accumulated toxin. Even Ayurveda points out the importance of cleaning the tongue to get rid of that whiteness. It not only keeps your mouth healthy but affects your overall health.
- Following Ayurveda, many dentists now suggest the use of tongue scrapers for cleaning the tongue. It successfully removes the stubborn anaerobic bacteria collected in the mouth.
- Proper technique of using a tongue scraper is to hold the scraper on both the ends. Then extend your tongue outside. Now put it as far back on your tongue as you can with triggering any gag reflex and scrape it forward removing the white toxic coating. Do it gently so as to not harm your tongue.
- Flossing is important and we know it, right? But how many of us actually floss our teeth daily? Not many! Floss your teeth properly once a day. It cleans the sides of the teeth. It also cleanses the food that gets stuck between the teeth, which if not cleaned may lead to tooth decay.
- To floss your teeth, use 18’’ floss and gently following the curves of your teeth, clean the area along the gum line.
- Go to a good dentist for regular dental check-ups and clean-ups. These clean-ups further reduce the chances of any oral health issues but even then if you get any disease your dentist will detect it early to treat it effectively.
- For strong teeth and gums, rub a mixture of mustard oil and salt on your teeth and gums daily. Using a small amount, first check whether it triggers any allergy or causes any new ache.
- Rock salt is good for black and weak gums.
- Brushing your teeth gently with baking soda and lemon juice mixture can get you whiter teeth.
- Change your tooth brush after every 3-4 months.
- Use a toothpaste containing fluoride.
- Tea contains flavonoids and fluoride, which prevent the bacteria from sticking to teeth.
- Include tooth-cleaning foods in your diet. These foods are also known as ‘detergent’ foods in the dental care world. Examples of these foods are apple, grape, carrot, peer, and strawberries. These fruits also keep our teeth strong.
- The oil-cleaning method with sesame oil cleanses all the toxic substances from the mouth according to Ayurveda. Put some sesame oil in your mouth and swish it all around for 10-15 minutes.
- Dark chocolate is said to benefit the tooth enamel by making it stronger.
- Use mouth rinses that fight bacteria. It should be anti-plaque and should contain fluoride as it helps to deal with problems like dry mouth, bad breath to keep the mouth bacteria free.
- Keep cardamom (elachi) or saunf with you as they are natural breath fresheners. They also prevent accumulation of bacteria after eating. These tips really help you to fight against all your oral health issues.
[ Read:Home Remedies To Cure Tooth Decay]
You know how earlier it was believed that old age results in falling of tooth and other tooth and gum diseases? Well now that myth is busted and science tells us that with proper oral health care, you can keep your smile pretty right till the end! Do you follow these oral health care steps? Do you have anything to add? Do share with us in the comments section.
Video: 11 Mistakes You Make Brushing Your Teeth | Develop Proper Tooth Care Habits
5 Black Hair Products That Will Save Your Day
A woman claims her Kylie Cosmetics package was filled with ants
High Tech, High Fashion
Mental Health and Obamacare
Heres What You Could Get Instead Of Racking Up Impulse Buys At Target
Breakfast Egg Veggie Muffins
Southwestern Hash and Fried Eggs
Lung Cancer Strikes Nonsmokers, Too
Help My Partner is in the Closet
How to Wrap Your Hair in a Towel
How to Learn About Freemasons
Products to Try for a Barely-There Makeup Look That Cost Barely AnyMoney
Matinée, Princess or Collar: Picking the Right Necklace Length Changes an Outfit
10 Last-Minute Summer Getaways For Every Travel Style
Strappy Yoga Tops for Spring