Causes and treatment of hormonal failure in men
Hormonal disruptions occur not only in women, but also in men, and the latter may not notice them for a long time. In order to preserve male health, it is necessary to ascertain the symptoms of the disorders, establish the causes and start treatment in time.
What hormones are present in the male body?
Hormones affect the operation of virtually all systems. Such substances are synthesized by the body and are divided into three large groups:
- Androgens are male hormones, and the most important is testosterone, which determines the male sex characteristics: body hair growth, broad shoulders, relief muscles, narrow pelvis. Also, the hormone is involved in the reproductive system - provides erection and ejaculation.
- Surprisingly, in the male body there are also female hormones, for example, estrogen, which is responsible for sexual desire, the normal state and elasticity of the skin, preservation of the structure of bone tissue, and metabolism. With increasing levels of appearance begins to change in the direction of the female type.
- Hormones of the endocrine glands, which include insulin, thyroid gland, thyroxin, triiodothyronine. They take part in metabolic processes, have a direct effect on the overall hormonal background.
If there is a disturbance in the balance of hormones, malfunctions occur that affect the functioning of the whole organism. If you do not correct the violations on time, this can lead to serious consequences.
Signs of failure
To identify the hormonal failure of a man can be on the following grounds:
- in adolescence may delay sexual development or, conversely, the acceleration of maturation;
- decreased physical activity, decreased stamina, general weakness, low muscle tone;
- unreasonable weight gain (moreover, the volume of not only the abdomen, which is typical for men, but also of all parts of the body, including the arms and legs), usually increases;
- decrease or complete absence of sexual desire;
- problems with potency, lack of a full erection, weak ejaculation;
- fatigue, drowsiness, chronic fatigue, depression, apathy;
- irritability, increased nervous irritability, disturbing thoughts;
- mood swings, pessimistic thoughts, depression, low self-esteem;
- slower growth of hair on the chest and face, baldness;
- dizziness, headache;
- reduced mobility of the joints, pain in the limbs, increased bone fragility;
- deterioration of the skin: peeling or, on the contrary, the appearance of oily shine;
- brittle, dull hair;
- excessive sweating;
- changes in blood pressure;
- heart rhythm disorders;
- timbre changes;
- trembling in limbs.
Important! Not necessarily the manifestation of all the symptoms at the same time, often there are some, and alternately. But sometimes the signs are numerous and are observed almost constantly, significantly deteriorating the quality of life and negatively affecting all its spheres.
Causes of hormonal disruptions in men can be very different:
- Age. Disruptions can occur in adolescents due to hormonal changes or in older men due to the inevitable age-related extinction of sexual functions.
- Inflammatory diseases of the reproductive organs, such as prostatitis, orchitis.
- Postponed acute infections such as parotitis.Pig, as people call disease, is especially dangerous in childhood and adolescence, as it can lead to infertility.
- Frequent and severe stress, emotional stress.
- Excessively intense exercise during training, hard work.
- Bad habits: alcohol abuse, drug intake.
- Uncontrolled use of hormones, such as steroids for the growth of muscle mass.
- Hereditary predisposition. Often, failures are observed in members of one family or close relatives.
- Diseases of the endocrine system: thyrotoxicosis, hypothyroidism, diabetes mellitus.
- Diseases of the kidneys, liver. These organs are involved in the processing of hormones synthesized by the body.
- Pathologies or diseases of the endocrine glands, which include the pituitary, adrenal glands, hypothalamus.
- Living or working in adverse conditions: exposure to poisons and toxins, radioactive exposure, poor ecology.
- Overweight, obesity.
- Malnutrition: eating sweets in large quantities, fatty and high-calorie foods.
- Some oncological diseases.
For diagnosis, the doctor may prescribe blood tests for hormones (testosterone, thyroid gland) and glucose levels, as well as biochemical and general. For the correct diagnosis, ultrasound examinations of the abdominal organs and thyroid gland, ECG are recommended. In some cases, magnetic resonance or computed tomography, x-rays may be required.
How to treat hormonal failure in men? Therapy should be aimed at eliminating the causes, so you should begin to act after a full examination and diagnosis.
Treatment, depending on the mechanism of development of the failure and associated health problems, may include the following areas:
- When failures are often prescribed hormones, the selection of which is carried out taking into account the level of hormones. It is important to strictly follow the dosage and regimen.
- Normalization of weight. To do this, you need to adjust the food, eliminating from the diet fatty, sweet, fried, flour. Useful vegetables, meat, seafood, fruits, fish, low-fat milk and dairy products, cereals, berries, nuts, legumes. Physical activity is important, so a man should go to the gym or at least do exercises at home, move more.But to train too intensely should not.
- Normalization of the work of internal organs: liver, thyroid, kidney. Hepatoprotectors, choleretic agents are useful for the liver. In diseases of the thyroid gland iodine preparations are prescribed, hormone replacement therapy. In pathologies of the kidneys, diuretics may be recommended.
- In neoplasms, surgical intervention is indicated. Cancers require chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Improving living conditions, preventing stress.
- Folk remedies. You can drink a third cup three times a day of carrot or celery juice. Useful infusions and decoctions of medicinal plants: knotweed, wormwood, Potentilla goose, oregano, ginseng, hop.
What to do to prevent hormonal disruptions? Observe preventive measures:
- Compliance with the daily routine, proper rest.
- Rejection of bad habits.
- A balanced and healthy diet.
- Moderate training, normal physical activity.
- Timely calls to the doctor and routine examinations.
- Avoidance of stress.
Hormonal failure can adversely affect men's health.But now you will be able to timely identify and eliminate it with the help of a specialist.
Solim, cook, fry and dry mushrooms
Submersible and circular pumps
The female wavy parrot surprised its owner by accepting a quail egg from the store for her own
How to quickly and effectively clean the intestines at home
First Aid for Sunburn
Top-10 dishes in a hurry: recipes with photos
How to choose a comb for hair