Do I need to remove a wisdom tooth?
Wisdom teeth are very doubtful and causing a whole bunch of trouble the “gifts” of nature, which cause a lot of controversy and problems around themselves. In the US and many European countries, wisdom teeth or, as they are called scientifically, the G8, are removed instantly as soon as they appear on the surface of the gum.
In our case, this problem is approached individually; everyone has the right to decide the further fate of their newly-made “eights”. Sometimes this very "wisdom" and "maturity", the proof of which, according to the beliefs of the ancient Slavs, wisdom teeth were, cost us too much. So delete or still fight for their existence?
Removal of a wisdom tooth is not the simplest procedure. First of all, it is not complicated by the most convenient and remote location of the “eights”. Sometimes the procedure is aggravated by the already appeared inflammation in the area of the wisdom tooth, which also, plus, to everything, can grow at the wrong angle.
There are many reasonsaccording to which experts advise not to delay the removal of wisdom teeth, but, at the same time, there is a considerable number of reasons, according to which the removal is not the best solution. And yet, what to do?
Many experts are inclined to adhere to the theory that there is nothing superfluous in the body and, if nature has awarded us something, it means that this “something” will definitely come in handy. And yet, with the notorious "eights" is not so simple: surprising, but they appear far from all, but only half of the population of the Earth.
It turns out that there is a simple scientific explanation for this: once upon a time, every eight people had the G8, and today, 15% of the population doesn’t do that they don’t cut through, and don’t even get laid in the jaw.
All because of soft food, which consumes people. As a result, as a result of evolution, the jaw narrowed by about 10 cm, and the need for the appearance of additional teeth disappeared.
And still leave?
Wisdom teeth usually appear at the age of 16-25 years, that is, in the period of maturation and formation, but there are cases of earlier and later eruption of "eights".Despite the fact that they rarely fully perform their chewing function, wisdom teeth act as a kind of "spare wheel" - they can replace the missing "seven" or "six."
In addition, they restrain the loosening of the remaining teeth, and at an older age can serve as a support for the installation of prostheses or bridges. In case of their absence, such a prosthesis will be possible only after the implant is installed, which is a very complicated and expensive procedure.
It also happens that wisdom teeth initially occupy the correct position in the dentition, as a result of which they are fully involved in the chewing process, which means that it is not necessary to remove them. To keep the G8 healthy for as long as possible, it is advisable to take care of them carefully: brush them with a special brush, in which the tip of the bristles protrudes compared to the base.
But we are now talking about healthy and, importantly, even wisdom teeth, which in the event of caries or any other problem, are easy to cure: if the root canals have good permeability, then any good specialist will fill in the tooth.
Or is it to delete?
Many lucky people, who have experienced the sudden appearance of such gifts of nature, are wondering why there is so much pain? The process of eruption of "eights", in itself, is painful and may be accompanied by various complications: the wrong direction of growth, inflammation, headaches and even high fever.
But it also happens that the eruption runs completely unnoticed, a person does not even notice how a new tooth appears. After it appears on the surface, it is imperative to go to the doctor so that he determines whether everything is in order and whether it can be left in place.
The thing is that the nature of the G8 is rather weak and fragile, they are often amazed by tooth decay, which can also be transmitted to the neighboring "Seven", as a result of which it is possible to treat and perhaps to remove not one but just two teeth. When another wisdom tooth is cut, usually the gums swell up a lot, maybe even a slight inflammation.
The most unpleasant situation, when the bone formation has already been cut, but is not shown on the surface, covered with a thick layer of mucous membrane.In this case, too, severe pain may occur, especially when nibbling.
In this case, you must definitely go to the dentist who will perform a small operation and cut the hood - the skin, which closes the tooth on top.
The main indications for the removal of "eights"
- It also happens that the wisdom tooth initially takes the wrong position, after erupting it lies inclined or completely horizontal, which instantly deprives it of value for prosthetics or chewing.
- It also happens that the G-8 has a pronounced inclination towards the cheek, which results in a person biting the cheek constantly. In such cases, to save them simply does not make any sense, and sometimes even dangerous to health.
- It is impossible to leave such teeth even if there is not enough space in the dentition for their eruption, which is why they contribute to the displacement of the remaining teeth to the central incisors, which also does not lead to anything good. Those cases are also considered unsuccessful when the “eight” has a destructive effect on the frontal tooth, causing constant pressure on the enamel of the “seven”.
What should I do if my gums are swollen and sore?
If you nevertheless decided to maintain your “wisdom”, you will most likely have to suffer until the tooth appears completely on the surface and the gum heals completely from the incision. Typically, in such cases, resort to popular methods of treatment that help reduce pain, and, therefore, improve your overall condition.
- If you feel that the gum has inflamed, but no serious ulcers and formations are observed, then you can help yourself with the help of oak bark or chamomile. These plants are famous for their anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. In order to reduce pain and relieve inflammation, it is enough to brew a rich chamomile or oak infusion, which needs to rinse the mouth cavity 3-5 times a day.
- If after rinsing pus is released from under the gums, then after this it is advisable to smear the inflamed area with a special ointment, for example, Metrogil Dent may be suitable.
- If the pain is too strong, then you can take painkillers, for example, Nimesil or Tempalgin, but remember that you should not get carried away with such drugs. If the pain does not decrease within a few days, it is still advisable to seek help from a specialist.
Candied strawberries - an exquisite gourmet treat
Normalized feeding of dogs of different breeds
Simple and tasty cooking meatloaf
Beadwork on an outline for beginners: brooch Autumn, autumn
How to disconnect a melody instead of a beep on MTS