Features of cooking a delicious terrine
If you are fed up with ordinary dishes, and you want something very tender, unusual and airy, prepare an appetizing Terrin. This, by the way, is not at all difficult!
What is Terrin?
Terrine is not a specific dish, but an entire category that has several similarities. The first is the consistency. It resembles a cross between pate, roll, and baked pudding. All components are crushed, but usually not frayed, and finely chopped, although other options are possible, for example, cutting into thin layers. The second feature is the cooking method.
Terrine is cooked in the oven, and always in a ceramic refractory form, most often under the lid, which allows preserving the juiciness of all products. Also, a cold method of preparation is allowed, and in this case gelling additives are used to bond the components and preserve the shape.
France is considered the birthplace of the dish, but similar recipes were used in other countries, although they had different names (one of them was a soup bowl).
The name, by the way, comes from the French word "terrine", which means the same ceramic container in which Terrin is traditionally prepared.
As for the ingredients, they can be very different. Commonly used vegetables, fish, poultry or meat. Cooking and sweet snacks with the addition of fruits, berries, cream cheese or chocolate are allowed.
How to cook a dish?
How to cook delicious and delicious Terrin? Below are some interesting options.
To make vegetable terrine, prepare the following ingredients:
- 2 eggplants;
- 400 ml of tomato juice;
- 2 zucchini;
- 1 red onion;
- 3 bell peppers;
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar;
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste;
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil;
- salt and pepper to taste;
- basil for decoration.
Description of the cooking process:
- Bulgarian pepper cut into slices or strips, bake in the oven until soft.
- Eggplant wash and cut into plates, grease with olive oil and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Do the same with zucchini.
- Now cut the onions into rings, fry in olive oil, then add the tomato paste and vinegar, mix everything and put it out for a couple of minutes.
- Proceed to the formation of dishes.Smear the ceramic rectangular shape with olive oil, lay eggplants on the bottom, then lay out a portion of the tomato-onion mixture, then pour the tomato juice. Lay a layer of bell pepper, then again onions with tomato paste and juice. Now put the zucchini, then the remaining tomato-onion mixture and juice. Pepper and salt each layer.
- Cover the form with a lid and send to the oven preheated to 170-180 degrees. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, then cool a little and serve.
Try to make a nourishing terrine of chicken and mushrooms. This will require:
- 400 grams of chicken fillet;
- a glass of cream;
- 150 grams of champignons;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs;
- pepper and salt to taste;
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or butter.
- Chicken fillet must be well washed, dried and cut into cubes. Next, mix it with chicken egg and chop well with a meat grinder or blender until smooth. Add breadcrumbs, pepper and salt to the mixture.
- Cut the champignons into small cubes and mix with minced meat.
- Grease the form with butter or vegetable oil, put in it a lot and bake under the lid 40 minutes at 180 degrees.
Delicious and healthy Terrin can be made from chicken liver.Here is what you need for this:
- 500 grams of chicken liver;
- 200 grams of pork pulp;
- 10-12 slices of bacon;
- 50 ml of cream;
- 50 ml of cognac or rum;
- 1 onion;
- a third of a teaspoon of nutmeg;
- ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- First prepare the liver. Wash it well, remove all the wires.
- Wash the pork pulp, dry and cut into cubes.
- In a meat grinder or blender, chop the liver along with the pork pulp to form a homogeneous mass.
- Peel and finely chop the onion with a knife, put it together with nutmeg, pepper and salt in the stuffing.
- Next, cover the ceramic form with slices of bacon, put mince on them, cover all with a lid and send to the oven heated to 170-180 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
Very tasty and delicious turn out Terrine of white and red fish.
List of required ingredients:
- 500 grams of salmon fillet (or other red fish);
- 300 grams of white fish fillet, such as halibut, tilapia or cod;
- 200 ml of cream;
- 100 grams of rice;
- 3 egg whites;
- 1 white onion;
- a pinch of black pepper;
- salt to taste;
- 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Fish should be cut into slices and placed in a freezer for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Boil rice until cooked and chop together with raw fish in a blender.
- Peel and chop the onion using a blender.
- Whisk egg whites with a mixer.
- Put onion into the fish-rice mixture, mix everything, then add cream, pepper, salt and proteins, whisk again.
- Grease the form with butter, put a lot of it into it and bake it in the oven at 180 degrees for half an hour.
Finally, some useful tips:
- Serving Terrin is best of all, it looks very appetizing and perfectly preserves the consistency and cuts. In order not to damage it, gently turn the form on the dish and tap it lightly.
- To decorate the dish, you can use circles of boiled carrots, pistachios, sesame, greens and so on.
- By choosing the most suitable recipe, you can add or modify it a little by adding your favorite ingredients or spices.
She packs all these things in hand luggage. Watch carefully how she does it
A flower-covered carpet with a crochet
Original drawing technique for children
How to fry anything, while not soiling the stove with oil
Easy trick to find a place for covers of dishes