Gorgeous mozzarella at home
Many of us love cheese. But real experts not only periodically buy such a product in stores, but also try to cook it yourself. Mozzarella cheese is especially tender and tasty. Find it on the shelves today is quite possible, but the price is not happy. So try mozzarella at home. It is not so difficult.
What it is?
In general, such a delicate and tasty cheese appeared quite a long time ago, the first mentions of it date back to the distant 1570 year. It was then that the term appeared. This word comes from the verb "mozzare", which translated from Italian means "knead, knead."
Yes, before these unusual balls or braids are formed (it is in such forms that cheese is most often produced), the mass is crushed by the hands so that it acquires the necessary consistency.
This cheese was made from buffalo milk, it was very much appreciated, because it contains many of the minerals, trace elements and vitamins necessary for humans. But, of course, such milk is not easy to get,so it is quite possible to use the usual, usual for many cow's milk, the taste does not get worse, although it will differ slightly from the classic one.
There are several types of such cheese. For example, Mozzarella di Bufala is made from buffalo milk, but Mozzarella Fiord di Latte is made from cow's milk.
As it prepares?
If we talk about cooking in the factory, then everything happens approximately as follows. Fresh milk is delivered to the plant. Serum is added to it, which starts the process of ripening and helps to prepare the product for further manipulations.
But the coagulation is provided by a special rennet, which is extracted from the calf's gastric juice. After adding such an enzyme, the milk starts to heat up to speed up the process.
The temperature should be certain, this is what makes it possible to get a special gentle consistency. It takes about 30-40 minutes to fold under such temperature conditions.
So, the milk is curled up, a curd is formed. It is necessary to mix it, which is done by cooks with long metal sticks untiluntil a sticky mass is formed. Then the composition is left for half an hour, and then stirring is resumed.
After that, the mass is placed in the serum and matures there for about 5-8 hours. And then the composition is immersed in hot water, then stretched and cut. Then the mozzarella is immersed in the salt composition so that the cheese is not fresh. Ready balls for storage are dipped in serum diluted with water, to which also some salt is added. In this form, the product is stored.
Homemade mozzarella is prepared approximately the same way, but some ingredients and manufacturing steps will be slightly different.
Cooking at home
So, how to cook delicate and tasty mozzarella cheese at home? Here's what you need for this:
- 4 liters of milk (it is better to take a fat, rustic, but from a proven cow);
- 1.5 tsp of citric acid;
- 175 ml of water;
- Rennet rennet (buy it better in the pharmacy, before using, be sure to read the instructions).
Now cooking instructions:
- So, first dissolve citric acid in water. This component is needed to give the cheese the desired consistency. Water should be cold, better boiled, as bleach can kill some components of the acid, then you will fail. So, stir the right amount of acid in 125 ml of water until completely dissolved.
- Now take the remaining water (50 milliliters left), dissolve the enzyme in it. The exact amount will be indicated on the package, but it will take a little, about a small pinch. Stir the powder until dissolved.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, it should not be hot, the maximum temperature is 17 degrees, if this value is exceeded, then the milk will be curtailed when acid is added, which is not yet required.
- Begin gradually pouring citric acid solution into the milk. Pour it in a thin stream, stir the milk constantly.
- Now put the pot on the stove, the fire should be weak. It is better to take a special thermometer to control the temperature. Heat the milk to 35-38 degrees, no more.
- In the heated milk pour the enzyme dissolved in water, mix everything well. Stir everything for 2-3 minutes. The fire at the same time should be minimal, and then (after 3 minutes) it can be turned off.
- Cover the pan with a lid, wait about 30-40 minutes. Must go the process of folding. You form a clot. In this case, the mass should not stick to the fingers.
- Catch a clot with a colander or skimmer, shake off excess liquid.
- The resulting serum (what is left after folding), heat to about 85-90 degrees. Part of it (about a glass), pour and salt (to taste). In this composition, you will keep the finished cheese.
- In the heated whey, dip the cheese. Wear thick gloves to prevent burns to your hands. After about 10-20 seconds, remove the clot, remember it, stretch it. He should not break. Then dip the cheese in the whey again, then stretch again, wrinkle. Repeat this until the mass becomes viscous, uniform and tender.
- Cut ready mozzarella into balls or strips. Done!
If you like kneading and stretching, you can add spices or even pieces of olives (and some add ham) to make the taste more unusual.
How to store?
How to store the finished cheese? Certainly in the salted whey you prepared in advance. If you just put the balls on a plate, they can dry out.So dip the cheese in the whey and put it in the fridge. So the product can be stored for several days, but the sooner you eat it, the better.
What to cook with mozzarella?
There are a wide variety of recipes using this cheese. For example, you can make salads with tomatoes or other ingredients. We offer a couple of options.
You will need:
- 8 cherry tomatoes;
- 200 grams of mozzarella;
- a bunch of basil;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar;
- ½ tsp of honey (best to take liquid);
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the cherry in halves
- If the balls of cheese are large, cut them. Small balls do not need to cut.
- Basil wash and dry, and then cut (not too shallow, that he felt in the salad).
- Now prepare the sauce. To do this, mix the oil, vinegar and honey, whisk the formula.
- Put cheese and tomatoes on a plate, sprinkle with basil, then pour the ingredients over the sauce. Is done.
By the way, basil, you can easily replace a more delicate arugula.
Salad with salmon and mozzarella
The following ingredients are required for cooking:
- 100 grams of cheese;
- 1 tomato or 5-6 cherry tomatoes;
- 50-70 grams of salted salmon;
- ½ onion;
- sour cream or mayonnaise;
- dill or parsley;
- salt to taste
Stages of preparation:
- Wash tomatoes and cut into cubes (the cherry can be cut into halves).
- Salmon also cut.
- Cheese, too, cut into cubes. If the balls are small, do not cut them.
- Wash the greens and finely chop.
- Onion cut into half rings (if it is bitter, pour it with boiling water to leave the bitterness).
- Mix the ingredients, season with mayonnaise, salt.
Eat mozzarella with pleasure!
Skeleton of beads
CRINGING. Screening tests
How to get rid of dry heels
Justin Bieber made Haley Baldwin an offer
How I chose a bracelet-mascot
List of the most unusual airports in the world
Panel picture Little ballerina
Repair in the kitchen: how to make it right and cheap