How does a sleep disorder manifest?
Sleepis the most important component of a happy life, it is during sleep that the body rests, and vital processes take place in the brain, such as: processing information received during wakefulness, strengthening memory, reinforcing new skills and many others. Sleep disorder affects the state and functioning of the whole organism, weakness and fatigue appear, motor functions are inhibited, irritability increases and the ability to concentrate weakens. The most varied sleep disturbances are quite common. Approximately 10-15% of the entire adult population of the world complains of persistent or recurrent sleep problems. This percentage is much higher among older people.
Sleep disorders appear for a variety of reasons in people of all ages. However, certain age groups are characterized by their own specific sleep disorders. For example, children and adolescents often have nightly awakening due to nightmares, urinary incontinence, somnambulism.
All possible sleep disorders are classified as follows:
- Insomnia is when a person falls asleep poorly and has sleep disorders associated with his duration.
- Hypersomnia is too long a dream.
- Violations of the wakefulness-sleep cycle.
- Sleepy apnea.
- Cataplexy and narcolepsy.
- Other sleep disorders.
Gathered on vacation and can not decide on a travel agency? We advise you to use the services of Dali-Tour, which can offer tours to Turkey in the summer they can be purchased very inexpensively. We recommend to visit the site and get acquainted with the services.
Insomnia or so-called insomnia is a broad concept that unites many different states and can manifest itself in different ways. For example, there may be superficial sleep, i.e. when a person does not rest normally, does not relax completely, there may also be problems falling asleep, or early awakening and inability to fall asleep again. Because of insomnia, the general condition of the body deteriorates, human performance, and the quality of life decreases significantly.
There are several types of insomnia, depending on the nature of its manifestations:
- Transient, short-term insomnia. This sleep disorder can occur once or for several nights in a row. If this happens for more than 2 weeks, then it is a completely different sleep disorder.
- Intermittent insomnia occurs from time to time.
- Constant, chronic insomnia manifests itself steadily, almost every night, for more than 2 weeks in a row.
Causes of insomnia (insomnia):
The reasons for the emergence of such a phenomenon as the impossibility of a normal sleep (insomnia), a lot. Highlight the main ones:
- various somatic diseases;
- diseases of the central nervous system;
- associative, adaptive and affective disorders;
- mental illness;
- the use of a large number of drugs;
- pain or sensory impairment.
Hypersomnia is certain sleep disorders that are accompanied by a constant desire to sleep. A person constantly feels tired and sleepy. The reasons for which may appear hypersomnia:
- mental illness;
- disorders of the respiratory system;
- narkopleksiya and cataplexy;
- a variety of drug toxic, idiopathic conditions.
Violation of a correct, normal wakefulness-sleep cycle can also be for various reasons, but it’s worth pointing out the main ones:
- Changing work schedule.
- Changing time zones.
- Syndrome "Not the daily cycle of sleep-wake."
- Slow or premature sleep period syndrome.
Basically, all sleep disorders are associated with psychological and mental problems, anxieties, worries and experiences of a different nature. A state of stress or depression is also quite often accompanied by some kind of sleep disorder. Before treating a sleep disorder, you should first find out its cause and eliminate it. It is possible that after that the sleep itself will improve and improve.
Whether designers will refuse natural fur
How to choose a masseur
Why do women’s heels crack?
How to decorate a Christmas tree on the street
Maldives - a paradise on the planet
Hypotrophy. Mixed hypotrophy - symptoms and treatment
Chocolate fondant with caramel
How to wind hair with an iron for straightening