How does ecology affect our skin?
Everyone knows that modern ecology leaves much to be desired. And some understand that it has a negative effect on health. But it also affects our skin. How exactly? And how to prevent such influence and protect yourself?
What exactly affects the skin?
To begin with, it is worth listing the negative environmental factors that have a tangible and extremely adverse effect on the skin:
- Dust. It is contained in the air and is easily deposited on the skin of the whole body.
- Smog. It is a mixture of burning, smoke, soot and other components that rise into the air and soar in it in the form of a certain suspension.
- Traffic fumes. Today there are so many cars in medium and large cities that the exhaust gases simply do not have time to evaporate and soar in the air.
- Ultraviolet radiation. It may relate to environmental factors, as recently the sun has become very active and aggressive due to air pollution. Of course, the sun is necessary for everyone, but not always and not in excessive amounts.
- Water.The water in the reservoirs is polluted by the emissions of industrial factories and plants, as well as by products of human life. And the water in the taps, having passed several stages of purification, is extremely hard.
What is the impact of ecology?
How does ecology affect the condition of the skin? It is clear that extremely negative. Here are some of the areas of such impact:
- Dust and smog are deposited on the skin, pollute and clog pores, resulting in acne and pimples.
- Hard water is capable of forming an impermeable scurf on the surface of the skin that interferes with the normal breathing of the skin, and also clogs the sebaceous and sweat glands. As a result, an unpleasant odor and irritation may appear. With prolonged use of hard water for washing and bathing, the production of sebum is disturbed, and the skin becomes either extremely dry (most often it is), or excessively oily (the sebaceous glands may start to produce even more sebum due to blockage). In addition, hard water often causes severe allergic reactions.
- Exhaust gases can penetrate the skin, destroy the cells of the epidermis and elastin and collagen molecules and trigger the activity of free radicals.As a result, skin elasticity decreases, it becomes dull, fragile, its color changes. And free radicals trigger aging processes.
- Ultraviolet is not only harmful, but also dangerous. First, an excessive amount of direct sunlight contributes to the rapid evaporation of moisture from the skin and, accordingly, its drying out. Areas of the skin more exposed to ultraviolet radiation become dry and rough. Secondly, the active sun can provoke the development of oncological diseases, especially in fair-skinned people. The most dangerous and insidious of them is melanoma. Thirdly, due to increased dryness and free radical activity, the skin will age rapidly, which means that wrinkles and other signs of aging will appear much earlier than they should.
- Some components of the air can cause severe allergic reactions, manifested in the form of rash, burning, itching and severe discomfort. And if unpleasant sensations occur frequently or even more permanently, this can markedly worsen the quality of life, disrupt and worsen the work of the nervous system, provoke the development of complexes, and even lead to depression or a nervous breakdown.In addition, allergic skin diseases can become more serious and complex or chronic.
How to protect your skin?
What to do to protect the skin from the negative effects of environmental factors? A few practical tips:
- Cleanse your skin regularly. This should be done in the morning after waking up, and also in the evening before bedtime. But simple washing is not enough. Use tonic, its components penetrate the skin and effectively remove all impurities. It is important to purchase a quality product, as a poor quality tonic can only aggravate the condition. And it is also very important to choose a suitable tool. Consider the type of skin and the particular problems you have.
- Regularly peel to remove impurities, as well as old dead skin particles that interfere with normal breathing. Soft home peeling should be done once a week. And about once every 1-2 months, you need to arrange a deeper cleansing. It is better to entrust it to an experienced beautician.
- For washing it is better not to use hard water. A simple boiling procedure, as well as the use of special multistage filters, will help reduce its stiffness.In addition, it is possible to use natural mineral water, it will not only not contaminate the skin, but will also help clean it, as well as provide nutrition.
- It is extremely important to lead a healthy lifestyle, this will help the body cope with the negative impact of the environment and improve the condition of all tissues and the work of organs and systems. First of all, you should eat right. Especially the skin needs proteins and vitamins A, E, D and Group B, which are found in orange and red fruits and vegetables, in marine fish, dairy and dairy products, as well as in greens and green vegetables. It is also useful to play sports, as regular physical activity normalizes metabolic processes. And as much as possible walk in the fresh and clean air, for example outside the city.
- Use the right cosmetics. First, they must fit you. Secondly, they must nourish and moisturize the skin, but do not leave a film on it. Thirdly, the means should protect the skin from the negative impact of both environmental and natural factors, for example, from wind, sun, cold. Use only high-quality cosmetics.You can also use some folk remedies, they also help to improve the condition of the skin.
- If possible, visit a professional beautician. He will assess the condition of the epidermis, identify existing problems and give useful recommendations on proper, safe and effective care, as well as skin protection.
- It is imperative to protect the skin from the sun. So do not sunbathe in the hours of increased solar activity (from 12 pm to 16: 00-17: 00 pm) and always apply sunscreen on the body.
- Try to be less nervous, because stress also has a very negative effect on our skin.
Protect your skin from the influence of negative environmental factors, so that it is beautiful, well-groomed and healthy!
Is the tar soap effective to treat hair and skin?
Patterns for knitting needles: diagrams and description
Poems for the Christmas tree in kindergarten and school - short and long, modern and poets-classics
Cute sock owls
What can you do if you are late for your flight