How to cook mulled wine? Royal drink at home
In any supermarket you can buy ready-made mulled wine. However, such a semi-finished product can not be compared with a drink prepared by yourself. How to cook mulled wine at home? First things first.
The word "mulled wine" is translated from German as "burning wine". This phrase really describes it exactly. The drink came to us from the time of the middle ages. Initially, it was available to people of the upper class, but later it could be bought on the street and warm up during the cold season. In our country, how to brew mulled wine, we learned about 150 years ago. Since then, the recipe for hot wine with spices loved by many.
To add strength to the drink, a small amount of rum or brandy is added to it. If it is necessary to lower the degree on the contrary, it is enough to let it stand on the tile. During the heat treatment, the alcohol will evaporate, and the mulled wine will not become so intoxicating.However, if you take a wine from less than 7% of the fortress, the taste will disappear, and the drink can no longer be called a real mulled wine.
Classical cooking is based on the use of dry red wine. A strong drink helps to warm up and even has a healing effect for colds. Mulled wine is associated with Christmas, festive mood, comfort and positive emotions. It is prepared in restaurants, cafes and pubs.
Cooking method for mulled wine at home
Want to impress households and guests with a breathtaking smell and a truly royal taste? Today you will learn how to cook mulled wine at home with the addition of various fragrant spices and fruits. Follow all our recommendations step by step - and you will definitely succeed!
- table red wine - 1 bottle
- sugar - 4 tbsp. l.
- honey - 1 tbsp. l.
- water - 200 ml
- orange - 1 pc
- apple - 1 pc
- lemon - 0.5
- carnation - 6 "stars"
- allspice black pepper - 5 pcs
- cardamom - 1 tsp.
- nutmeg - 1 tsp.
- Pour water into the pan and heat to 50 degrees. Pour out cardamom, nutmeg, pepper and other spices and bring to a boil with constant stirring.
- Orange, apple and half a lemon cut into fairly large slices.Get the seeds, but do not need to peel the rind.
- Next, pour wine into the pan and reduce power to a minimum.
- Add sugar and throw orange slices. Leave on the stove for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven. Add honey, stir thoroughly, cover and leave to infuse for 25 minutes.
- Pour the drink into glasses and garnish with apples and lemon wedges.
Serve with muffins, cookies, cakes or chocolate candies.
We have collected some tips for you on how to make mulled wine at home:
- You can cook and non-alcoholic version. Take for this natural apple or grape juice;
- it is not necessary to add sugar and honey in certain quantities, as in the recipe. It all depends on your taste preferences. In addition, the wine you bought can already be quite sweet;
- a set of spices can be supplemented with ginger. Rub it on the grater and add quite a bit to the already prepared drink. This will give a sharp and special flavor;
- in the process of cooking, you can add half a lemon to wine instead of an orange, or you can add it all together. The main thing is not to cut the fruit too small.
Do not be afraid to combine various spices, fantasize, combine ingredients and enjoy this wonderful remedy for stress and depression!
Fashionable swimwear in retro style like style icons
Repair in the kitchen: how to make it right and cheap
How to cheat in stores at discounts
Why do men start new relationships without breaking old ones?
How to weave baubles from laces