How to choose a comb for hair
How to choose a comb
To maintain healthy looking hair, correct and regular is very important. In this case, it is necessary to take into account many different nuances. One of such important moments is the right choice of a comb. Since the wrong comb will only spoil the structure of your hair, and give them an unhealthy look. Even in ancient times, women knew and appreciated how important it is to be able to comb properly. Therefore, many notable ladies trusted their beautiful thick curls only to experienced governess.
Currently, there is a huge selection of combs and sometimes it is quite easy to get confused about which one is better to take. In fact, every girl and woman should have not one, but several types of combs, for the health and beauty of hair. Therefore, to understand how to choose a comb, first of all, you need to understand what they are, what is their purpose and what you need to have at home.
Types of combs
All combs differ in purpose, shape and materials of which they are made.Before you decide what comb to choose, you need to pay attention to the material from which it is made, and then to the form.
Types of combs
Currently, three types of combs are quite common:
- Wooden combs.The advantage of these combs is their harmlessness, beneficial effects and the presence of medicinal properties in many of them. For example, combs made of juniper, help relieve stress, and birch is treated for dandruff. Also, this comb is very well suited for applying masks on hair. When buying them, it is very important to pay attention to the fact that the product is well processed and has a smooth structure. The disadvantages of a wooden comb include the fact that it quickly gets dirty, requires frequent cleaning, quickly loses its appearance and becomes rough and therefore requires frequent replacement.
- Metal combs.Their advantage is that they do not cause electrification of the hair, and the downsides are that they are very harmful for dyed and brittle hair. It is also very important to pay attention that the metal comb has balls at its ends, otherwise it will scratch the skin when using it.Best of all, this comb is suitable if you want to make a smooth parting, but is not recommended for its daily use.
- Combs made from unnatural material.The most popular of this type are plastic and silicone products. Despite the fact that most experts strongly recommend using combing hair from natural materials, plastic and silicone combs also have their advantages. Plastic combs are very convenient when styling hair, and they are easiest to care for, but it is very important to pay attention to the quality of their production. Low-quality material is capable of damaging the hair, as it very quickly cracks and is capable of releasing poisonous substances when heated. Also, this comb can contribute to the appearance of split ends. Silicone combs are very hygienic to use and have an antistatic effect.
The main forms of combs that should be in the house of every woman:
- Brushes. They can vary considerably in shape, depending on their purpose.Round brushes are used for hair styling, flat brushes for combing and massage.
- Combs- flat combs with denticles. Combs with a rare arrangement of teeth are very well suited for combing wet hair.
- Comb Brashing- one of the varieties of the brush, having the shape of a cylinder with a hole in the middle. Very good for smooth hair styling with a hair dryer.
- Combs forks- formed at one end in the form of two or more gear fork and the other in the form of scallop. Used to create a variety of hairstyles and strokes, as well as shaping the bangs and curls.
How to choose a comb
When deciding how to choose the comb, you must first of all be guided by what type of hair you have and what you want to use it for.
Which comb to choose
In order to bring you selected comb only benefit you need to know these little secrets of the correct choice:
- For hard hair, you need to pay attention to the strength of the material from which the product is made. The stronger the product, the better.
- For very thick hair, it is better to choose a comb with rarer teeth.
- For thin and brittle hair, it is recommended to choose brushes with frequent teeth and natural bristles.
- For long but not too thick hair, it is better to choose a comb with medium-thickness bristles and not very frequent denticles, but this is only if the hair does not tend to get very confused. Strongly confused hair is best combed with a comb with more sparse teeth. Brush with different sizes of bristles is also very well suited for such hair.
- For short hair, it is best to choose scallops, and the frequency of the teeth should be determined depending on the type and structure of the hair. The thicker the hair, the less often the denticles.
- If you are the owner of thick and tough hair, the best choice would be a combined brush with natural bristles and plastic teeth.
- Brushes with a metal base should not be purchased, those who have fragile or bleached hair.
- Curly hair is easiest and most useful to comb with a wooden or silicone comb with occasional teeth.
As we have already found out, in addition to a comb for everyday use, every woman should have a comb for curling, drying and other styling.
How to choose a comb
Consider which hair comb to choose for each individual case:
- Round hair brushes are very suitable for curling hair. Brushes with natural bristles, give a softer effect, and with metal cloves allow you to create a more pronounced curl. And the larger you want to make curls, the greater the volume should be at the brush.
- The best effect of the massage is given by plastic or wooden massage brushes with rounded teeth or natural bristles. These brushes are very useful, as they help relieve stress, and produce subcutaneous fat, which has a firming effect on the hair and gives it a beautiful shine.
- For styling straight and curly long hair are best suited round comb-brushes, called thermal converters. They have an antistatic coating, contribute to a more uniform placement of warm air and therefore damage hair much less than if using a regular round brush. These brushes are usually used for professional styling.
- If you need to quickly dry your hair with a hair dryer, you can use a special comb that has a rectangular shape and transverse holes on its surface.
- For straightening long hair, it is best to use a large brush, which has an oval shape.
- When laying short hair is very convenient to use a small thin comb-scallop. And if you like to use wax or gel, you need a plastic comb with frequent denticles.
- If you need volume at the roots of hair, then it is recommended to use a round brush, and the best effect from it will be if the brush size is correctly chosen. The diameter of this comb should be two to one and a half times less than the length of the hair.
Thus, pick up a comb will not be too difficult if you master several of the secrets of its right choice.
Effective ways to use lemon balm oil
How to repair a bit
Lip Gloss Lipstick
Belyashi with meat
Sweet brushwood on kefir. Taste as in childhood