How to clean the microwave at home
At present, the microwave oven is used so often that the issue of its cleaning is quite acute. There are a large number of special detergents that can cope with the problem, but not every housewife is ready to use aggressive chemical agents. How to clean the microwave at home? There are several ways to clean a microwave oven with the help of available tools that are available in every home.
Ways to clean the microwave at home
Before you begin the process of cleaning the microwave oven at home, you should familiarize yourself with the basic recommendations:
- To properly clean the microwave, you must first get a glass plate from the oven, then wipe the top, side and only then the bottom wall, wash the door.
- To clean the microwave as little as possible, it is recommended to use a special hood made of plastic, which will ensure reliable protection of the internal walls of the microwave oven from contamination.
- Microwave washing occurs only after disconnecting the device from the network.
On a note! A special plastic cap can be replaced with a plastic wrap to protect the microwave inside. If you use the lid for dishes when heating food, the microwave oven will have to be washed less often.
If after washing the microwave inside there was an unpleasant smell, you can get rid of it with the help of coffee, moistening the sponge in it and rinsing it with the oven walls (then you need to wash the coffee with water). With this purpose, salt is used: pour 100 g of the product in a saucer and put in a microwave, close the door and remove after a few hours. Instead of salt, you can use 10 tablets of activated carbon, pre-grinding them.
Another way to avoid or minimize the unpleasant smell in the microwave is not to close the door immediately after cooking. This will allow the microwave oven to erode from the inside.
Method 1: How to clean the microwave with vinegar
Vinegar vapors are extremely corroded by even old fouling so this method is very popular when you need to quickly clean the microwave at home.
The process of cleaning the microwave with vinegar consists of several simple steps:
- Pour into a dish that can be heated in a microwave, a glass of water, then add 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Place the container inside the oven and turn it on, setting the timer to 10 minutes.
- When the allotted time has elapsed, you should open the door of the microwave, remove the container and the glass plate on which it stood. The microwave should be thoroughly washed inside with a regular sponge. Due to the effects of the vinegar vapors, grease and other contaminants can easily escape The glass plate can be washed separately in the sink.
Now the microwave inside looks like new. Its walls are clean, as if nothing had ever been cooked in the oven chamber.
Indeed, with the help of vinegar, you can quickly and efficiently clean the microwave. But it has one drawback, which for some can cause rejection of cleaning in this way. The fact is that a pair of vinegar exudes an unpleasant smell, so the kitchen will have to be further aired.
Method 2: How to clean the microwave with lemon
To clean the microwave with your own hands, you should use lemon juice.By the way, citric acid is different in the same way, so it is quite possible to do with it. In an acidic environment and under the influence of high temperatures, fat and other contaminants will disappear without a trace. This method of cleaning the microwave has another significant advantage: a pleasant aroma will spread inside the microwave oven. Thus, it will be possible to kill two birds with one stone: get rid of stains and unpleasant odors.
To clean the microwave using lemon juice or citric acid, you will need:
- a container of water (about half a liter);
- citric acid (1 tablespoon) or lemon juice (4 tablespoons);
To clean the microwave with lemon juice or acid, you need to do the following:
- Add juice or citric acid to the container with water. Put her oven and turn on for a few minutes, depending on the degree of contamination. If the walls of the microwave are very dirty, it takes about 15 minutes. If the equipment inside is only slightly spattered with fat, 3 minutes is enough. The power of the device should be maximum.
On a note! If you decide to use lemon juice to clean the microwave oven, it is advisable to throw the rest of the fruit into the container with water after pressing. This will make the solution more concentrated, and the result more effective.
- When the set time has elapsed, it is necessary to hold the door closed for about 5 minutes. After that, the microwave oven should be opened, take out the container with citric acid and carefully wipe the walls inside with a sponge moistened in this solution.
For reference! If the microwave oven is covered with enamel, it is often undesirable to use the cleaning method with citric acid.
Method 3: How to clean the microwave with soda
Baking soda can also be a cleaner for microwaves. It is a complete replacement of citric acid and acts even more carefully on the walls of the furnace. Despite this, the result exceeds all expectations.
To clean the microwave soda at home, you must:
- Prepare half a liter of water and dilute 1 tablespoon of soda. Then put the container on a glass plate inside the oven.
- Close the appliance door, set the power to maximum and set the timer for 10 minutes. When the microwave is turned off, you need to leave the door closed for another 5 minutes. Then the oven walls should be wiped with a damp cloth or sponge.
In fact, this option of cleaning the microwave does not differ from the previous one, where citric acid was used.
Method 4: How to clean the microwave using a steam bath
It turns out that it is not necessary to use various means to clean the walls of the microwave inside. Enough to use regular water steam.
It is enough to do the following:
- Pour water into a container and put it in the microwave. Close the door, set the maximum power and time 15 minutes.
- As in the previous cleaning methods, do not open the device immediately. It is necessary to withstand about 5 minutes in order for the condensate to dissolve more strongly the stained spots. Then it remains to simply wipe the wall with a rag.
On a note! Cleaning the microwave with a steam bath is suitable exclusively for light dirt. In order for ordinary steam to cope with old stains, it will be necessary to turn on the oven for at least 2 hours. This option is unlikely for someone to like it, in this case it is easier to use additional cleaning products.
Method 5: How to clean the microwave with detergent
It is worth noting immediately that in this case we are not talking about a mechanical method of cleaning with the help of cleaning agents. The pollution will be affected by the same steam. Only instead of improvised means used household chemicals. Suitable, for example, any liquid for washing dishes.
You need to do the following:
- Squeeze out a small amount of dishwashing detergent onto a sponge pre-moistened with water.
- Squeeze the sponge with detergent several times in your hand to get the foam. Then put it on a plate and put in the microwave. Turn on the device at maximum power and set the time to about half a minute. It is important to be near the device all this time and watch through the glass of the door so that the sponge does not melt.
- When the microwave is turned off, you should remove the plate with a sponge from the oven, and when it is slightly cooled, wash the inside of the appliance wall with it.
On a note! When working with household chemicals, it is advisable to wear rubber gloves.
Method 6: How to clean the microwave with glass cleaner
To quickly and efficiently clean the walls of the microwave oven with your own hands, you can use a regular glass cleaner. In this case, cleaning is carried out without the “bath effect”.
We need to act as follows:
- Mix the wiper with water in a 2: 1 ratio. You can add water directly to the container with the substance to continue to use the sprayer. (if available).Moisten the sponge in the resulting solution and carefully wipe the walls inside and outside. You can also act as follows: spray the product on the working surface, leave for a few minutes, and then rinse.
- When the dirt is washed, wipe the microwave with a dry cloth once more.
Method 7: how to clean the microwave with liquid ammonia
It has long been known about the properties of ammonia, which quickly and effectively removes even stubborn stains. Therefore, it is quite possible to use it to clean the microwave from dirt.
To clean, you must perform simple steps.
- It is enough to moisten a rag in liquid ammonia and carefully wipe the walls of the microwave.
- To get rid of old stains, it is necessary to put on them the means and hold for a few minutes, and then wash off.
When all the walls will shine on cleanliness, you need to wash off ammonia with the help of a detergent.
Simple and tasty cooking meatloaf
How to keep and build relationships at a distance
8 fashionable glasses for the sunny days of spring
Baby jacket and hat
A very simple soldering device
Your plan for a healthy mouth
Maxi dress - a thing for the real fashionista