How to clean the oven from the old fat and soot
Many women love to cook, but the hardest part starts after a cooking show. A mountain of unwashed dishes, dirty kitchen utensils. It is easy to deal with dishes, but it can take a long time to find the means that will help clean the oven of old fat and soot.
To ease the plight and clean up the dirt quickly and efficiently at home, a regular wet cloth is sufficient if used immediately after cooking. As long as the fat is not stagnant on the walls of the cabinet, it will be removed with ease.
What if there is no desire or ability to clean the surface of the oven every time? Help chemicals or folk methods, such as soda, salt, citric acid and other household substances.
The easiest way is to buy a self-cleaning stove. The device is equipped with special technologies that clean the fat and soot during cooking or do not allow the fat to linger on the surface.This method saves time, but does not save the contents of the wallet.
To avoid burns or other injuries, observe safety precautions.
- Wear gloves and goggles during the procedure. This will protect against accidental splashes of detergent.
- Fully de-energize the cooker.
- Do not wash the heating elements of the oven.
- Be careful not to inhale the vapors.
- Provide room ventilation.
Chemical agents against soot and fat
According to the results of the interviewed housewives, they prefer to use the following tools to clean the oven.
- Amway. Belgian gel for cleaning ovens, pots, stoves and extracts. One of the most popular and effective means. It even removes old fat, but consists of aggressive elements, therefore it can cause problems when it comes into contact with the skin.
- Shumanit. Detergent from Belgium with advantages and disadvantages of the previous product. Can wash the glass door of the oven. Use extremely carefully!
- SanitaR. Gel of Russian production, suitable for washing plates. Cleans dirt well, but dissolves quickly after application.
- Seth anti-fat. Hungarian development, combines efficiency and low price. Strong smell and aggressive effects on the skin.
- Unicum Gold. Active foam for cleaning the oven, hob, pots and pans. Country of origin - Russia. It is undesirable to use on painted and aluminum surfaces.
- Reinex. German spray last on the list. Effective, but can not cope with serious pollution and old fat. Contains substances that can be harmful to health if it comes into contact with skin.
Other chemicals for cleaning stoves and ovens are also sold, but the listed ones are the most popular because of their effectiveness. Before buying, review the reviews for each tool and select the most appropriate.
Folk remedies and recipes against fat and scale
With fat and soot can handle the substances that are likely to be found in everyday life.
- With little effort, you can even get rid of old dirt using an abrasive washcloth.
- Laundry soap. An excellent ecological product that contains alkali components. The composition helps in the fight against stale fat, even in the microwave.Crumble a piece of soap into a bowl of water and heat in the oven to 150 degrees. Fat begins to soften after 45 minutes, and it will be easily washed off. After washing the surface with water and ventilate so that the smell of soap remains.
- Water vapor. If the oven requires delicate cleaning, take a bowl of water and drip a few drops of detergent. Heat the device to 150 degrees and place the bowl for half an hour. Fat can easily be wiped off with a damp cloth.
- Baking soda. Soda will clean the glass door. Wipe it with a wet sponge or rag. Then pour more soda on top and leave for an hour, pre-rubbed on the glass. After an hour, wipe the glass with a wet sponge until we remove the remaining soda, and wipe dry. You can additionally wipe the glass tool for mirrors.
Ammonia. Use preferably at night. Consider two options.
- Lubricate the walls of the oven with ammonia and leave it until morning. After rinse thoroughly with water.
- Dial a bowl of boiling water and a bowl of ammonia. Down to put the water, and upstairs - ammonia. Leave for a few hours, then rinse with water.
- Soda and salt. Well helps not only against dirt, but also against odor, even in the refrigerator. Stir in equal proportions, and grate the walls, then warm the oven.Leave the mixture until the morning. Fat exfoliate, and easily washed off with a damp cloth.
- Baking powder for the dough. Moisten the walls of the oven with a damp cloth. Sprinkle baking powder and wait a few hours. Fat gathers in lumps, which are easy to clean with a sponge.
The advantages and disadvantages of folk remediesprosMinuses
|Tools are always at hand||You need to pre-mix the ingredients in the right proportions.|
|Help not worse than chemical products||Leave the substance to insist on the walls of the oven until the day|
Features of cleaning electric ovens
For an electric cooker, we will make a paste from detergents. For the manufacture will need:
- Lemon acid.
- Comet or Pemolux - any powder for cleaning the kitchen.
- Balsam for dishes.
Stir the ingredients, taking an equal amount. Spread the paste and wait about an hour. It will wash away the water with a chemical. Wash thoroughly so that there is no chemistry left in the stove. Wipe the oven dry.
From the unpleasant smell left by the paste, dispose of as follows.
- Daytime airing the oven.
- Put a bowl of water and activated charcoal in the oven for half an hour.
- Rub the walls with lemon juice.
- Change water during cleaning with detergent.
Following the proposed action, easily clean the electric stove from dirt and be able to deal with the consequences.
Chemical cleaning process
- Prepare materials and take care of safety.
- Pull out the trays and the excess that lies in the appliance.
- Clean the trays first. Using a detergent, wipe them with a brush.
- Go to the oven. Warm it up and turn it off.
- Rinse walls and trays with water. There should be no detergent left. Use more water!
- Wipe dry with a rag or sponge.
The advantages and disadvantages of household chemicals
- Cleaning is much faster.
- Dirt is removed more efficiently.
- No need to mix and prepare. The manufacturer has already prepared everything.
- Danger of getting a chemical burn or allergic reaction.
- There is a high probability that some of the funds will remain on the surface.
|Cleaning is much faster.||Danger of getting a chemical burn or allergic reaction|
|Dirt is more effective||It is highly likely that part of the product will remain on the surface.|
|No need to mix and prepare.The manufacturer has already prepared everything|
How to use the self-cleaning function in the oven
In many plates laid mechanisms for self-cleaning the surface. Such models are more expensive than conventional ovens. However, it is much more convenient than regularly cleaning by hand.
Easy cleaning technology
The most simple system embedded in most models. The principle is to coat the walls with a special enamel that is resistant to dirt. To activate the cleaning, you need to pour water into the hole in the stove with the addition of detergent, which is sold in stores. Heat the oven to one hundred degrees for half an hour. After cooling, wipe with a dry cloth.
It is installed in some models and is not so very common. The principle is this: the oven is cleaned on its own when it reaches 140 degrees. There are several nuances.
- Coverage has an expiration date and needs to be changed.
- Trays and grills need to be cleaned by hand.
- Dairy products reduce cleaning efficiency.
The most effective by the result: after pressing the start button, the oven heats up to 500 degrees and completely burns fats, dirt and other food debris.However, at such temperatures, electricity costs will increase and a ventilation system or extractor will be needed to remove the unpleasant odor after cleaning.
Eco-friendly cleaning system
Efficient, but expensive system. Delivers this technique a limited number of manufacturers. It consists in the environmental elimination of fats and odors when reaching 270 degrees. This is helped by self-healing balls, which are built into the oven and dissolve the dirt.
Each system has its own shortcomings. Price, quality, load on the mains - choose based on those with which you are ready to put up in the process of use.
- It is advisable after each cooking to walk on the oven with a damp cloth to remove fresh remains of fat. Later it is more difficult to clean them.
- Clean not only the inside of the oven, but also the glass of the door.
- Use acid-free cleaning products. Acid can damage the surface.
- When using chemical detergents, rinse the oven with water more than three times. Only after this disappears traces of chemistry, which can get into the food.
- Folk ways do not leave traces and are harmless for food.
- Use rubber gloves to protect your hands.
- Self-cleaning ovens are easier to use, but much more expensive than conventional ones.
- A dense fat layer is easier to clean with a rough brush.
- If you warm the oven to 40 degrees, the dirt and grease easier to move away from the walls.
- During cleaning, open the doors and windows for ventilation, and unplug the oven from the outlet. Especially if you use ammonia!
- If you heat the oven with a cleaning agent, do not open the door during the procedure. Can get burned! Wait for the appliance to cool down.
If you do not want to waste time on regular cleaning of equipment, a great option is self-cleaning plates. I hope that every reader will find the most suitable way of removing contaminants for himself.
Prepositions that are misused all the time
How to make a paste
First Aid for Sunburn
How to behave after sex