How to Do Standing Front Thigh Stretch | Thighs Workout
How to Do a Standing Front Thigh Stretch
If you’re looking to increase your flexibility and strength in your quadriceps, you should consider adding the standing thigh stretch to your routine. This stretch can improve your posture and hip flexibility. By performing this stretch 2-3 times a week, you can relieve thigh tightness and increase your range of motion.
Executing Your Standing Thigh Stretch
Stand up straight.Begin by standing with your feet together and your arms by your sides. Drop your shoulders and fix your gaze straight in front of you. Move your weight onto your left foot.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed throughout this exercise.
- To avoid arching your back, try flexing your abs.
Grab your heel.Bend your right knee and kick your right heel up towards your right glute muscle. Use your right hand to grab and support your right ankle. Allow your left hand to remain by your side, or use it to help you balance by placing it squarely on your left hip.
- If you are still struggling to balance, place your left hand on a chair or wall to help support yourself.
- Make sure the object you choose is at hip height or higher so you don’t have to stoop.
Adjust the position.Move your right hip forward and your right knee back behind you. Try to keep your right knee squarely under your right hip while still keeping your right and left hips facing forward.
- Keep your knees together.
- Do not allow your right knee to shift open toward the right side.
- Hold this stretch for 30 seconds at a time.
Release the pose.Slowly let go of your right ankle and return your right foot to the floor. Check to make sure you’re standing with your feet together and your arms at your sides, just like you were at the beginning of the stretch.
- Repeat the pose on the left side of your body.
- When stretching, always make sure to do both sides of your body, otherwise your alignment will be off.
Perform the standing thigh stretch regularly.The standing thigh stretch is a great stretch to relieve tension and pain in your hip and leg muscles. This pose is especially helpful for runners and people who work in offices and spend most of their time sitting down.
- This stretch is helpful in improving flexibility and may be performed at least once a day.
- If you suffer from knee or back pain, be careful when executing this stretch.
Modifying Your Standing Thigh Stretch
Use props.The standing thigh stretch is a great way to open up your hip joints and the front of your lower body. However, not everyone has the same amount of flexibility, and if you’re new to the stretch or coming back from an injury, you can modify the stretch by using accessories to help deepen the sensation.
- Try wrapping a yoga strap or towel around the top of your foot, by your toes. Bend your knee and come into the pose.
- Grip both ends of the strap with the hand that corresponds with the foot you’re bending.
Lie on your side.For people with lower back pain, doing the thigh stretch while standing may cause aggravation and elevate the pain they’re already feeling. If you have lower back pain, try doing the thigh stretch while lying down on your side.
- If you’re lying on your right side, bend your left knee and kick it back to touch the left heel to the left butt cheek.
- Grab your left ankle with your left hand and hold the stretch for 30 seconds.
- Make sure to switch and do the right side as well.
Hold your ankle with the opposite hand.If you’re very flexible or have lots of experience doing the standing thigh stretch, try taking the stretch one step further. Deepen the stretch by grabbing your ankle with the opposite hand.
- If you’re stretching your right side, use your left hand to reach behind your body and grab onto your right ankle.
- If you can’t reach your ankle, you can also make a grab for your right foot.
Executing a Standing Inner Thigh Stretch
Stand up straight.Begin this stretch by standing up tall with your feet pushed out wider than your hips. Keep your toes turned out towards the sides of the room, flex your abs and keep your arms by your sides.
- Keep your chin up and your gaze pointed directly in front of you.
- Drop your shoulders away from your ears.
Drop into the stretch.Bend your knees and slowly descend into a squat. Keep your hands positioned on your thighs to support your weight until you start to feel a deep stretch in both of your inner thighs.
- Hold this stretch for 10 – 30 seconds, depending on how it feels.
- Keep your breathing deep and even.
- You can release from this position by slowly standing up straight.
Embrace the stretch.If you do it right, this pose will give you a deep inner thigh stretch. Do not hold the pose if it begins to truly hurt. You should never feel anything worse than mild discomfort.
- Do not allow your knees to push past your toes.
- If your knees are pushed too far out, move your feet out a step wider.
- Avoid moving or bouncing within this pose.
Add the standing inner thigh stretch to your stretching routine.The standing inner thigh stretch may increase your lateral mobility. The standing inner thigh stretch is a great exercise for runners and is also useful for the elderly or people with restricted mobility.
- Performing the standing inner thigh stretch daily can improve your flexibility.
- It will also help you avoid pulling your groin muscle and can help ease pain in sore joints.
QuestionWhat helps thigh front pain?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerRest your muscles and apply ice.Thanks!
- Warm up your thighs with some light cardio, such as riding an exercise bike or jogging, before performing stretches.
- Do not strain your bent knee. If your knee starts to hurt, slowly release from the stretch.
- Always keep your knees and toes facing forward.
- Avoid moving around in this pose. Any movements you make within the pose should be deliberate and slow.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Русский: , Português: , Italiano:
Video: 5-Minute Thigh-Slimming Workout
What to Wear Red Lipstick With: 6 Trendy Ideas
Robin Williamss Widow Reveals What His Final Months Were Like
7 of the Biggest Fitness Myths, Debunked
Everything You Need To Know About Eyelash Care
Obama Might Have Just Revealed the Sex of Beyonce’sTwins
15 Kettlebell Workouts For Women To Get A Strong And Toned Body
Gigi Hadid recycled her favourite styling trick last night
10 Celebrity Inspired Halloween Costumes toDIY
The No-Intimidation Guide To Stylish Shopping On eBay
Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers
Cher Just Shared the Cutest No-Makeup Selfie With her 90-Year-Old Mom
How to Write Vendor Contracts
Valentine’s Day Bombshell Makeup Tutorial