How to get rid of dry heels?
Dryness of heels is a common problem that can not only spoil the appearance of one of the most attractive parts of the body, but also cause severe discomfort. Find out what can cause such a symptom, and how to eliminate it.
Why are the heels dry?
Causes of dry heels can be as follows:
- Non-compliance with personal hygiene and inadequate care. Heels are often paid less attention than necessary: they do not wash, do not clean and do not moisten. And such errors lead to a lack of moisture, coarsening of the skin and the accumulation of dead skin particles.
- Loads on the heels, for example, overweight, wearing unsuitable shoes on a flat sole or, on the contrary, on an overly high heel, prolonged standing, as well as prolonged walking barefoot on asphalt or hard ground. The problem is often faced by overweight people and those holding such positions as a hairdresser, salesman, janitor, cook.
- Avitaminosis, in particular the lack of responsible for the skin condition of vitamins E and A. If they are deficient, the skin may become dry and crack.
- Endocrine diseases.Cracks on the feet and heels can occur with diabetes, hypothyroidism.
- Fungal lesions. With mycoses, in addition to dryness and cracking, itching and burning, redness, severe flaking, and hyperemia are observed.
How to solve a problem?
How to remove dry heels and cracks? First you need to find out the causes of the problem and eliminate them. If we influence the zone only from the outside, then the situation may improve, but only temporarily. Therefore, it is necessary to act in a complex way: both from the inside and from the outside. Below are considered the main directions for solving the problem.
Saturation with vitamins inside and out
The state of the skin is directly affected by vitamins E and A. The latter is found in various red and orange vegetables, berries and fruits: in pumpkin, sea buckthorn, apricots, peaches. He also has leafy vegetables and greens. Vitamin E can be obtained from oily marine fish, natural vegetable oils, nuts. To heels were attractive, healthy and smooth, be sure to include in your diet listed products.
It is possible to saturate the skin with nutrients outside. Local remedies with vitamin supplements will help in this: various creams, gels, masks, and so on.You can also buy chemist's vitamins in liquid form and add them to household waste and cosmetics.
Tip: in case of severe avitaminosis, you should consult a doctor, be examined to determine the missing nutrients and begin to fill their deficit. A specialist can recommend a multivitamin complex.
Hygiene and useful procedures
To make the heels soft and smooth, you need to follow the rules of personal hygiene and carry out the following procedures:
- Daily washing of feet Even if you were at home all day, did not go outside and, accordingly, your heels did not get dirty, still do not be lazy in the evening and rinse them with warm water. This part of the body also needs moisturizing, just like the face. But practically everyone is washing in the mornings, and they do not pay due attention to the footsteps.
- Peels Yes, your heels also need regular cleansing to exfoliate dead skin particles. So that they are not rude, use a scrub, a specialized file or a conventional pumice stone. And to carry out such procedures are best after taking a shower or bath.
- Heels will become softer if at least two or three times a week they arrange baths for them. The easiest way is to fill the basin with warm water and immerse the legs in them.The procedure can last fifteen to twenty minutes.
To make the heels soft, you can use pharmaceutical or cosmetic products that have emollient, moisturizing and regenerating properties. So, use the most common petroleum jelly or petroleum jelly: just lubricate your feet daily before bedtime.
Local preparations based on dexpanthenol, which not only moisturize, but also eliminate cracks and other injuries due to regenerating and anti-inflammatory effects, will help. And if you have a child, then you can use his cosmetics, for example, the usual children's cream, which may include natural oils, vitamin supplements and other useful and nutritious ingredients.
Return to the heels of softness and smoothness will help folk remedies:
- Soda baths. In three liters of warm water you need to dissolve half a glass of baking soda. Place heels and feet in solution and leave them in a basin for fifteen to twenty minutes. Such a tool has excellent peeling properties and softens the skin.
- Eliminate the existing inflammation will help the bath with decoction of herbs.Such plants as coltsfoot, train, celandine, chamomile, St. John's wort, calendula are especially useful. To obtain a decoction, pour a couple of tablespoons of the selected raw materials with 300 ml of boiling water, put the container on the fire and simmer the mixture for ten minutes. Strain it and pour it into a bowl filled with water, and then immerse your feet in it.
- Feel free to use natural oils: olive, mustard, peach, almond, grape, coconut, sea buckthorn, burdock and others. They can simply lubricate the problem areas in which peeling, dryness and cracks are observed. But oil wraps are more effective: first apply the product on the heels and feet, then wrap them with cling film or put them in plastic bags. Wear warm socks and wait half an hour or so. Leftover oil can be wiped off and blotted with a paper napkin or cloth.
- Try to make regular masks. One of the most effective is yolk. For cooking, mix the yolk, a tablespoon of lemon juice and the same amount of olive or other natural oil. The mass is applied to the heels and feet and is aged for an hour, after which it is washed off with warm water or wiped off with a damp cloth.
- Khoty once a week pamper yourself with wine baths.In a basin filled with two liters of warm water, pour in two glasses of red wine, which can be replaced with grape juice. The procedure is carried out for twenty to thirty minutes.
- Useful masks with honey. It can be mixed with olive oil, sour cream or cream. The mixture is aged on the heels for half an hour or an hour and is removed with water.
- Rub the raw potatoes and spread this slurry over the dry heels, leaving for fifteen minutes.
- You can wipe dry areas with carrot juice containing vitamin A.
Now dry heels will no longer be a problem for you, because you know how to eliminate such an unpleasant symptom.
Workshop New Year Tree
How to decorate the school for the New Year
Listing of calls Megaphone
How to make a moon manicure
Vanessa Paradis first married