How to CLEAN Install Snow Leopard!
How to Install Snow Leopard on an Intel PC
Prepare Your USB Memory
Install Snow Leopard on your PC from USB memory, rather than from the installation DVD, this is due to the need to customize some things to run the installer on your PC, which we will customize the how to load this setup, more specifically we will load a custom bootloader.
Format the USB stick and then turn converts the Snow Leopard disc into an image on the desktop of a Mac, here's how:
- Application Open Disk Utility (Disk Utility) on the Mac that you have given (this application is in / Applications / Utilities / Disk Utility)
Partition and format the USB drive:Insert the USB memory, after a second is displayed in the sidebar of Disk Utility.
- Click on it.
- Click on Partition.
- Choose a partition volume scheme.
- Give a name (Hackintosh) and select Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive., Recorded), now very important.
- Click on the button options, and check the option that says GUID Partition Table, once you've done all the above;
- Click Apply.
- You have an installation DVD image from Snow Leopard on your hard drive: for it inserted into the Mac provided the Snow Leopard DVD and when it appears in the sidebar of Disk Utility (1) you click it, then ( 2) you click on the "new image" then choose where to save, I recommend using the desktop, to finish Click Save and go to the bathroom or take a cold drink because it will take some time, when finished go to the next step.
Restore the image of Snow Leopard since your hard drive to your USB drive:Now from the same application Disk Utility, (1) click on the USB memory is called Hackintosh, (2) you click restore. (3) Drag and drop the image created from the installation DVD Mac OS X Install DVD.dmg of the sidebar to the field that says Font, then (4) drag and drop the USB from the sidebar to the field that says Target . Now simply (5) click on the restore button and enter the password when prompted (the password for the Mac the administrator lent you), this could take a few minutes.
Make some modifications in order to boot the installer from the USB drive.This requires some work from the Terminal in Mac OS X, and this is what can be a little difficult for some users.If you have no idea how to use the terminal, ask a friend who does know.
Make sure your USB is still connected and open the Terminal (/ Utilities / Terminal) and type the following command:
- diskutil list
- Here we will see what the ID of the USB drive should be 2 identifiers, one for the GUID partition and one for the HFS partition, copy these names, as they will be needed later.
- diskutil list
Go to the Chameleon page and download the latest version of Chameleon, once downloaded, unzip it and put it in an accessible location as the desktop.
Go to the i386 folder that is inside the folder Chameleon.
- cd / Users / your name /Desktop/Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640-bin/i386 /
Once inside the folder you run the following commands from the terminal (the ID in bold replace it by one of the IDs you copied in step 1).
- boot0 sudo fdisk-f-u-y / dev/rdisk2
Repeat the action, but change the name of the identifier on the other you copied in step 1
- sudo dd if = boot1h of = / dev/rdisk2s2
Place the custom Bootloader USB memory, for that netkas.org download it and unzip it into an accessible, then go to copy the bootloader to the USB stick using the Terminal, in this case it is necessary to use the Terminal and not the Finder, so it uses a command like this, changing the routes you use:
- sudo cp / Users / adam / Desktop / boot / Volumes / Hackintosh
Finish preparing the USB drive with extra download this file unzip it and copy and paste it into the USB memory.
Install Snow Leopard
Install Snow Leopard.
Make sure you have set the boot priority in BIOS to boot from your USB drive, just plug the USB drive and ready for your turn on the PC Hackintosh.
QuestionWhat does "font" mean?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIn this particular case, its the text that says "font" (this being a category). In general, font is the style something is typed in; for example MS Comic Sans or Arial. It changes how text looks.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Do it with caution or you may damage your PC!
Things You'll Need
ATX cabinet with 500W power supply.
Video: How To Do A Clean Install Of Snow Leopard
3 Yoga Poses To Help You Relax
Vans is dropping the coolest Disney collection tomorrow
This Is What The Perfect Bedroom For A Great Nights Sleep Looks Like
How to Understand the Present
Rimmel London x Kate Moss Nude Collection
Les Georgettes by Altesse
How to Navigate the Heart-Mind Connection
Become A Better Parent to Your MS Child
Part-time Pets Good for Kids and Animals
Red Lobster return of Lobsterfest
How to Eat Corn on the Cob
Date: 12.12.2018, 15:08 / Views: 73171