How to cook a dish of khanum?
If you are a real gourmet or just like to try dishes from different cuisines of the world, then your attention should be attracted by the delicious, but rather simple cooking. Learn successful recipes and unlock the secrets of experienced housewives.
What it is?
Khanum is a national dish of Uzbek cuisine, which in its composition resembles more familiar and well-known manty, but is prepared a little differently. It is a roll with filling, which is cooked in a special container - mantyshnitsu.
But other methods of heat treatment are possible, for example, baking or steaming. The dough is prepared in the same way as for the mantas and consists of the same ingredients, but the fillings can be very diverse, but the most popular is, of course, meat.
It is interesting: they call the khanum differently, for example, Hunan, Hanon, Khanim, Hunon.
How to cook khanum?
How to cook a delicious and satisfying Khanum? There are a lot of cooking options, and each Uzbek hostess, who respects herself, has her own tricks and secrets.The most interesting ways are discussed below.
Method number 1
This cooking recipe can be considered practically traditional, since when using it, the hanum dish has meat filling.
List of ingredients:
- 0.5 kg of meat or minced meat;
- three large onions;
- a bunch of cilantro or other herbs (preferably fragrant);
- glass of water;
- four glasses;
- a teaspoon of salt in the dough and a small amount in the filling;
- your favorite spicy spices.
- If you use meat, then it can be finely chopped with a knife or once minced.
- Peel the onion and cut it with a knife, or grind together with meat in a meat grinder. Cilantro need to chop after washing.
- From flour, water, eggs and salt, knead the dough, it should turn out dense and steep. Cover it with a towel or paper towel, leave for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into three parts, each roll into a rather thin layer.
- Mix the onions with the meat, add the cilantro, salt and seasonings of your choice.
- Evenly lay the filling on one layer of dough, gently roll the roll and secure all its edges. Similarly, form the other two rolls.
- Prepare the dish in the mantissa (always under the lid) for about an hour, previously lubricating the layers with oil.
Method number 2
No less tasty will be khanum with chicken and potatoes. To make it you will need:
For the test:
- about 500 grams of flour;
- glass of water;
- st. l. sunflower oil;
- ch.n. salts;
- about 0.5 kg of chicken fillet;
- two onions;
- three or four potatoes;
- half a teaspoon of coriander;
- several branches of cilantro;
- half a teaspoon of cumin;
- salt and pepper.
- First you need to do the dough, as it should stand a little. All the ingredients described in the list are mixed, kneading, carry out by hand. The mass should turn out dense, almost not sticking to hands. Leave it covered for half an hour.
- Now stuffing. Chicken fillet with a meat grinder should be turned into mince or very finely chopped. Onion after peeling, cut into small cubes with a knife. Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes. Mix all ingredients, add seasoning and salt.
- Divide the dough into three or four pieces, roll out the layers, put a layer of filling on each and wrap the rolls, not forgetting to fix the edges.
- You can cook a khanum in a slow cooker.To do this, take a pan for cooking a couple, grease its bottom and walls with oil, put the rolled up rolls. Pour water into the bowl, put a pan on top, turn on the device by selecting the cooking or boiling mode. Set the timer for an hour.
Method number 3
At home, you can easily and quickly prepare an appetizing and healthy khana with pumpkin.
For the preparation of the filling:
- half a kilo of pumpkin;
- one large or two small onions;
- two to three st.l. vegetable oil;
- st.l. Sahara;
- a teaspoon of salt;
- greens to taste.
For the test:
- glass of water;
- three and a half or four glasses of flour;
- ch.n. salt.
- The first thing is better to knead the dough, so that by the time of its use it managed to "come up". Add water to the flour, start kneading, add the egg and salt. The mass will come out dense, and when it is ready, leave it for thirty minutes.
- Go to the stuffing. Onions can be cut into thin half rings. Peel the pumpkin from seeds and peel, cut into small cubes. Heat the oil in a skillet, fry the onion for a couple of minutes to make it slightly transparent. Then add the pumpkin and fry it for about a minute.
- Divide the dough into several equal parts. Roll each out to form layers. Place the stuffing on them and wrap the rolls.
- If there are no steamers, mantyshnitsy or multicookers, you can make a khanum in the oven. To do this, wrap the rolls in foil, leaving free space inside each such package. Pour water into a deep enough baking tray, place the wrapped rolls in it. Cook at 190 degrees in the oven for about 50-60 minutes.
Finally, it is worth giving some useful tips to the hostesses:
- The filling should be rich and tasty, so you shouldn’t grind components that are too much into it, they should be felt, and after heat treatment should not turn into a pasty mass. So the ideal option is to chop them with a sharp knife.
- It is desirable to roll the dough thinly, because the thinner it is, the more gentle the finished khanum will turn out.
- The roll must be well fixed on all sides so that the filling is preserved inside. In addition, in the process of cooking broth will penetrate into the roll, which will remain in it and make the dish more juicy.If there are holes in the test, then the whole liquid will simply pour out.
- Khanum is served hot. And before serving, you can pour it with melted butter and sprinkle with herbs.
- Salt stuffing, in which there are vegetables, should be immediately before being placed in the dough, otherwise the products will give juice ahead of time and in the end will not so juicy.
- This dish can be served with various sauces, for example, tomato, sour cream and others. They will make the snack more interesting and rich.
- With the filling not only you can, but also need to experiment, adding to the dish any kinds of meat and poultry, various vegetables, mushrooms, pumpkin and so on. And you can mix and use components separately. In general, khanum is a dish in which you can put everything that is in the fridge.
Orange cake without baking - simple, tasty and beautiful
The last bell, the script for graduates of 9 and 11 classes
How to weave baubles from laces
Jennifer Lawrence played Russian spy
Poems for the Christmas tree in kindergarten and school - short and long, modern and poets-classics
Simple dandelion jam
How to place cutlery
Increase the communication range of Wi-Fi router