How to make topiary?
Want to bring originality and freshness to your home or garden? Then try topiary. This is an unusual decorative tree that looks like a fantasy ball on a high stem. It is called the tree of happiness. This decoration will look even better than a live topiarnaya sculpture - a figure-cropped plant. Of course, you can buy a tree in a luxurious version of coral, amethyst, crystal or citrine, but, as everyone knows, it is impossible to buy happiness. Try to make this beauty with your own hands and you will love this magnificent element of decor 100 times more. Moreover, we will tell you how to make topiary yourself.
On a note
- Topiarii are created from a variety of decorative and natural materials. It can be artificial and fresh flowers, coffee beans, beautiful shells, gems, pebbles, candy, paper, cocktail umbrellas. This element of the interior imitates a real plant or looks like a fantastic tree of extraordinary color.
- Topiary size may resemble dwarf bonsai or solid dimensional roomtree.
- A great gift is topiary made from fresh fruit. Its only negative - fragility. Trees from aromatic plants became very popular, not only decorating the overall interior, but also filling the room with pleasant aromas.
How to make topiary do it yourself
Making a topiary at home is easy, even if you are doing it for the first time. In addition, the materials you need are inexpensive and can be found in many stores in any city.
You will need:
- The pot. The main thing is that the diameter of your pot should not be larger than the diameter of the ball-crown. You can buy a ready-made pot or make it with your own hands from a suitable container, then paint it and, for example, cover it with a beautiful cloth. It’s not so easy to choose a pot that fits the product by color, style and size, so if your first purchase is a pot, then you will need to adjust the composition to it.
- Ball for the crown. To make the crown of a tree, you need a paper or plastic ball. How to make a ball for topiary? Crumple newspapers or paper, coat the ball with paste or wrap it with threads. It is more difficult to work with rubber balls, as they lose their shape after piercing.If you plan to stick, and not to glue decorative elements, then you need a foam ball for floristic compositions.
- Stick for the trunk. For the trunk fit any branch or stick of appropriate size. It may even be a stick from the blinds, which you paint or wrap with ribbons. Choose a stick longer, because it will need to be attached almost to the base of the pot, and on top of it will be a ball. A short barrel will ruin the look of the whole composition.
- Glue. Any universal glue is suitable. Some items may need to be glued with super glue.
- Alabaster, cement, gypsum. In the bottom of the pot you need to seal the hole. Prepare the solution, stir it and pour it into the pot. Immediately insert the barrel there, without waiting until the solution hardens. This is necessary for cement to hold the crown, and the pot is not outweighed. On top of the solution, you can glue the shells, sand, colored salt or beans.
- Accessories. Artificial flowers, cones, dried flowers, pistachios, corrugated paper, shells, bows, pebbles, whatever.
How to make organza topiary
- Form a ball of newspapers or papers.
- Wrap it with twine or thread to get a ball.
- Carefully spread the ball with white glue to fix the twine. Pierce the ball gently with a stick to make a crown, and leave the ball for a while until it dries.
- Using a gypsum, cement or alabaster, attach the stick to the pot.
- Take the organza of any color and cut out petals of different sizes from it.
- Lightly burn the petals over the candle.
- On the needle and thread collect the rose bud. Form a bud so that the large petals are below, and the small ones above, for this, start with the large ones.
- Stick the roses on the dried ball-crown. Start on top, stick one flower on it, better with super glue. Glue the second flower at the base, near the stick. Then there will be two flowers between them. Do the same on the opposite side, and you will have a flower ring around the ball. Make such a ring perpendicular to what is. Cover the empty places with the remaining flowers. Bows of ribbons can be glued between the roses. Now you know how to make an organza topiary tree.
A coffee tree
- Roasted coffee beans (100 g)
- Non-spill glass,
- Whitening brush
- Plastic ball (diameter 8-9 cm, sold in the market),
- 2 rubber bands
- Brown thread,
- Transparent universal glue,
- Transparent super glue
- Cement, gypsum or sand,
- Stick (20 cm long),
- 50 cm rope twine.
- Make a hole in the ball with scissors so that you can insert the barrel into it.
- From the whitewash brush, stretch the bast strand or completely disassemble the brush, removing the ropes from it.
- Use a rubber band to secure the bast thread from one end of the branch. Lubricate the twig with glue and spiral over the thread. Secure the rubber band and the other end of the branch. Insert the stick into the ball-crown.
- Tape the ball with brown thread with universal glue. You can glue the ball strands of the brush.
- Now we will glue the ball with coffee beans. Take super glue. Glue the grains in a different order, up and then down the groove. Apply glue to each grain. Act carefully because the glue dries quickly and can leave ugly white spots on dark grains. You can use liquid nails or glue gun.
- Be sure to make a second layer of grains, alternating the smooth side of the grains with the groove.
- To make the pot original, cut a small amount of bast from the brush.Its length should be slightly larger than the diameter of the bottom of the glass.
- Lubricate the bottom with glue and put on a bast, cut the threads that crawl out over the edges of the bottom.
- Cut the bast from the brush so that it is 3 cm longer than the height of the glass. Apply universal glue to the side of the glass, not reaching 2-3 cm to the top. Gradually glue the glass with a bast. Bind the glass with a twine from below and cut off the protruding edges. Trim the tips on top so that they are about 2 cm above the glass.
- Use universal glue to glue the funnel in a circle with long locks from the bast, twist a tree trunk into it.
- Pour sand into a glass, plaster or foam. Move the upper edges of the bast with scissors and insert a funnel with a barrel into the glass.
- Tie the top of the pot-cup with a string. Near the trunk you can sketch grains that will resemble fallen leaves.
We told you how to make topiary with your own hands.
63-year-old Lyn Slater: as a professor from New York became the star of the Internet
What to do if your passport is lost
Boat from plastic bottles with their own hands - photos, videos how to make
What to do if the UPS does not hold or does not turn on
How to politely refuse
How to go unnoticed
How to choose winter shoes for a child