How to remove stains from the carpet?
Carpet on the floor is great. It gives the room comfort, warms the legs, it’s just nice to walk on. But pollution is inevitable, even if we in every way protect the surface and try to be careful. They dropped it, they spilled it, and now the carpet is not as clean as it used to be. But with spots you can and must fight!
What is your carpet?
Before you start cleaning, find out what your carpet.
- So, natural materials (wool) should not be exposed to aggressive substances. Woolen carpet, in general, should be cleaned very carefully.
- Long-haired fluffy carpets should not be wetted abundantly, as villi can stick when they dry out and spoil the look of the product. If you can not do without abundant moisture, in the process of drying, comb the carpet several times with a comb with frequent teeth.
- If the carpet is colorful and bright, be careful. Drastic measures may cause the color to become faded, and drawings or patterns will lose their integrity.
- Carpet, in fact, can withstand everything.But if you do not want mold to form under it, then do not use a large amount of water, avoid strong wetting. And if you cannot do without it, then, firstly, act locally (that is, do not fill the entire carpet, but only moisten the area of contamination), and secondly, after such manipulations, dry the wet area with a hairdryer.
If the carpet is completely polluted due to dust or, for example, cat's wool, then it is quite possible to return its former appearance. Here is what you can do:
- First of all, take a vacuum cleaner and vacuum your carpet. This will remove all the mote and dust that has not yet had time to settle between the villi. If your vacuum cleaner has several attachments, use them if necessary.
- If there is hair, cat or dog hair on the carpet (not every vacuum cleaner can remove it all), arm yourself with a brush with stiff, long bristles and proceed to manual cleaning. Treat the entire surface thoroughly to get rid of wool completely.
- Now the most effective way that was used by our mothers and, perhaps, even grandmothers. It should be noted right away that the optimal time for taking such measures is winter.The cold and the snow is very useful for active actions, and also helps to remove pollution. Carry the carpet on the street, spread the pile down directly on the snow and begin to knock out. All dust will remain in the snow. Move the carpet to another location, repeat the procedure. By the way, such actions will not only remove pollution, but also help get rid of the smell. If you decide to carry out general cleaning in spring or summer (not the best time, it is worth noting), then hang the carpet on some crossbar (or, for example, a horizontal bar) and carefully knock out. To remove the "flavor" leave the car ventilated in the fresh air.
You can go to the store of household chemicals and buy there special carpet cleaner. The range is varied, release form, too. For example, you can buy shampoo for carpets "Vanish". When diluted in water, it forms an active foam, which penetrates deep into the villi and dissolves impurities. Means can be produced in the form of foam, as well as in the form of powder.
It is worth noting that chemistry, of course, is effective, but not as safe as we would like.For example, if you have a child, then you should choose only products that are safe for children (you can learn about this by examining the information on the packaging). It is also worth avoiding compounds with a pungent and strong odor.
Remove different types of stains
How to clean the carpet with high quality without spoiling its appearance? Everything will depend on what kind of stain you are going to delete. Different types of pollution should be removed in different ways. We offer several options:
- If there is a stain in the form of adherent chewing gum, then do not despair. Just attach ice to this place (or, for example, frozen foods) and hold for a few minutes. When the gum freezes, you can easily remove it.
- If you have just spilled something on the carpet, then immediately run after the paper towel and apply it to the stain. In addition, you can pour salt on the contaminated place. The fact is that it attracts moisture and absorbs it into itself, thus avoiding the absorption of the liquid composition. In this way, remove stains from wine or juice.
- If you managed to stain the carpet with clay or wax, then do not rush to throw it away.Take a clean dry cloth or an unnecessary cloth, put it on the stain and iron it. Do not heat it to the maximum, the minimum temperature will be quite enough. When heated, clay or wax softens and is immediately absorbed into fabric or paper. So you just need to remove the cloth or napkin and throw it away.
- You can remove ink stains with alcohol or citric acid, and you can also use acetic acid. Just take an unnecessary rag, wet it in the composition (choose one of the above) and blot the stain. Some people advise then blot the place of contamination with a rag dipped in milk, and then repeat alternately such manipulations several times. The final stage - processing soapy water.
- You can try to remove grease stains using detergent and gasoline. Take a glass of hot water, add 1 teaspoon (without the top) of washing powder and 1 tablespoon of gasoline, mix everything well. Dampen a sponge and treat it with a stain. Wait 10-15 minutes, then remove the compound with a clean, damp sponge.
- Folk remedies helped us always and in all situations. Grandmother's recipes can also be used when cleaning carpets. For example, if there is a stain of incomprehensible origin on the surface of the carpet, then you can try the following tool. Take the usual laundry soap and grind it on a grater to get soap chips. One tablespoon of such chips dissolve in a glass of warm water, add a teaspoon of ammonia. With the resulting composition, treat the impurities, and then wipe with a clean sponge.
- And you can try to clean the carpet with soda. In a liter of hot water, dissolve 3 tablespoons of soda. Using a spray bottle, spray the liquid on the carpet, wait half an hour, wipe the surface with a clean sponge. And you can apply a paste of soda to the stain, and then remove it with a sponge dipped in hot water.
- Try using hydrogen peroxide by adding a teaspoon to a glass of soapy water. Put the compound on the carpet, wait a bit and wipe it with a sponge.
A few recommendations:
- Try any tool on a small area of the carpet.
- Do not rub the carpet too hard, you can damage the villi.
- It is much easier to remove fresh stains than old ones, so do not pull
And let your carpets be clean!
What is a snack
Pink bow with beads
Trailer came out The sea of temptation with Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway
Bengal cat named Thor collects Laika in Instagram
How to make yourself love reading