How to remove the terrible boils on the face and body?
If you have never encountered such a phenomenon as a boil, then you are very lucky. If this problem is familiar to you, then you must have looked for ways to solve it. And how can I remove the boil? And is it worth it at all?
What it is?
A boil is nothing more than an inflammation of a hair follicle. It manifests itself in the form of a large abscess with redness around. Often, the formation of a furuncle is accompanied by hyperemia (filling the blood of the inflamed area), redness, swelling, and pain. It can appear in almost any place in which there is hair. Boils never appear on the soles of the feet and on the palms.
Usually ripening takes place in several stages. First, a small red cone appears. This suggests that a tissue infection has occurred. Then, about the third or fourth day, a white head appears in the center, filled with pus. Within a few days, the head should open, but this is not always the case.
Furuncle is the consequence of getting into the hair bag of bacteria, most often staphylococci. They penetrate the skin and cause inflammation of the sac itself, as well as nearby tissues.
Causes of inflammation can be very diverse:
- Non-compliance with personal hygiene. For example, if the skin is constantly contaminated, and at the same time it is periodically damaged (for example, when itching or when rubbing against the coarse fabric of clothing), a boil may appear.
- Poor epilation. During this procedure, the hair follicle can be damaged, which will lead to the appearance of a furuncle.
- Various skin lesions, such as cuts, scratches, abrasions, and so on.
- Subcooling. A boil can be a manifestation of a cold, it happens quite often.
- Sharp climate change. Boils often appear in servicemen moving from one place to another.
- Reduced immunity or weakening of the body as a result of illness, exacerbation of chronic diseases, poisoning, metabolic disorders, vitamin deficiencies, and so on. In this case, the body can not resist attacks of pathogenic microorganisms.
How to solve a problem?
How to get rid of boils on the face and other parts of the body? To do this safely and quickly, you need to take into account several important points.
What can not be done?
First you should list the actions that can harm:
- Warm up or warm wet compresses. Heat and moisture are the most favorable breeding ground for bacteria, so heating can cause the infection to spread to nearby tissues.
- Squeezing the boil alone. This will cause damage to the surrounding tissues and the ingress of pathogens into them. And this, in turn, will provoke sepsis - infection of the blood and all tissues of the body (this is the threat of a lethal outcome).
- Opening the purulent head with a needle, knife or other sharp object. Even if you disinfect them (treat them with alcohol or antiseptics), you still cannot achieve absolute sterility, so such manipulations can lead to sepsis.
- Do not wait for a long time to open a boil. If this did not happen within the first three or four days, then, most likely, the infection began to spread to nearby tissues, as well as to lymphatic vessels, and this threatens with phlegmon or sepsis.
- Bathing, especially if the abscess was opened.Tap water in any case will contain a lot of pathogens.
- Acceptance of antibacterial agents. Yes, it may be necessary, especially if the bacteria begin to spread throughout the body. But the selection of such drugs should be carried out only by a doctor after examination and identification of the infectious agent.
- Use of folk remedies after dissection of the abscess. In any of them, pathogenic microorganisms will necessarily be present.
- Take a hot bath or visit the bath.
What can you do?
What can be done at home?
- You can use one of the medicinal local drugs that have anti-inflammatory, stretching and antibacterial effects. These include Vishnevsky ointment, ichthyol, "Levomekol" and some other means.
- With strong pain, you can use painkillers, both local (for example, lidocaine), and general action ("Nurofen").
- You can use some folk remedies to accelerate ripening, but only until the opening. So, it will help gruel from fresh onions and milk, a mixture of honey with flour, propolis, garlic gruel, laundry soap, as well as decoctions of medicinal plants, such as oak bark, calendula or chamomile.
Do any manipulations only with clean hands, before each procedure, wash them with antibacterial soap!
When do I need to see a doctor?
Immediately visit the doctor in the following cases:
- The abscess is not opened within three to four days.
- If there is no head of the boil.
- If the body temperature rises. This indicates the spread of infection.
- If the abscess is very large.
- If the boil appears in the spine or on the face. The front part is directly connected with the systemic blood flow, and the vertebral part is connected with the spinal cord.
- If boils occur too often. This requires drastic measures.
- If the pain is very strong and interferes with normal movement.
- The treatment does not give any results.
- If from a furuncle red strips hidden under a skin depart. This is a signal of lymphangitis - inflammation of the lymphatic vessels.
In these cases, it is worth as soon as possible to see a specialist, namely a surgeon. He will open the boil, making a small incision, and then install a drain through which pus will be removed. Then, if necessary, stitches will be applied. Until complete healing, daily treatments with antiseptics, for example, "Miramistin", hydrogen peroxide or "Chlorhexidine", are required.
How to avoid relapses?
To get rid of boils permanently, you need to find out the main reason for their appearance. To do this, it is necessary to undergo a complete examination and certainly pass blood tests.
For example, if immunity is reduced, then it should be strengthened. If bacteria are found in the body, then a full course of antibiotic therapy must be completed. You should also choose clothes from natural delicate fabrics and wash them more often and, of course, follow the rules of personal hygiene.
Treat boils properly to avoid serious consequences!
Do-it-yourself tablet repair
Friendly sex rules
Jennifer Lawrence played Russian spy
Knitted Booties Slippers
How to make a bootable flash drive