Juicer - a source of natural juice
If you have tried fresh squeezed natural juice at least once, then for sure store products no longer seem tasty and high-quality to you. But what to do, where to get fresh juice? The answer is simple: buy a juicer. And how to choose it? From the choice, by the way, the quality of the finished juice directly depends.
What will squeeze: types of juicers
So, first, decide what exactly you plan to squeeze. For example, if you prefer only citrus juices, then the choice can be on one model. If you want to press fruits and berries, and vegetables, then pay attention to other options. We describe all kinds in more detail.
So, citrus juicers have the simplest possible device. So, the motor drives a cone-shaped nozzle, onto which half of the citrus fruit is placed. This very nozzle rotates, with the result that when you press on the fruit, the pulp releases juice, which flows into a special tank.
What should I look for when choosing such a device? Here are some important points:
- Reverse mode. With this function, the cone will rotate first in one direction, then in the other, which will squeeze out the maximum amount of juice from the fruit.
- Nozzles Citruses can have different sizes (for example, grapefruit is larger than mandarin), so give preference to models with several nozzles of different diameters.
- Juice tank. Pay attention to its material (give preference to more durable), as well as volume. Usually the volume varies from 400 milliliters to 1.2 liters. For a large family, the second option is more preferable.
- The control system of pulp in the juice. Some devices allow you to adjust the size of the slots on the nozzle, which will allow you to change the thickness of the resulting drink. It is quite convenient.
- Some juicers are equipped with a lever that holds the fruit. In this case, you do not have to keep it yourself.
- The presence of a scale to determine the amount of fluid in the tank. This will allow you to make juices from different components or smoothies.
- The ability to direct feed directly into a glass or glass.This option is quite convenient.
How to choose a juicer for fruits and vegetables? In this case, the optimal option will be universal. She is able to extract juice from a variety of products. But here, there are two options: centrifugal and screw.
So, let's start with the centrifugal ones. The mechanism of operation is as follows: first, the pulp enters one compartment, where it is crushed with the help of steaks. Then, the ground mass enters the separator, in which the juice is separated from the pulp.
Here's what to look for when choosing these models:
- Separator shape. It may be conical or cylindrical. For example, the latter option allows you to get the maximum juice, but there is no function of discarding used and unnecessary flesh, so that the volume of the finished juice will be small (then the device needs to be cleaned). But the cylindrical separator allows you to collect pulp, which allows you to prepare more juice. But the percentage of output while significantly reduced.
- The presence of a container for collecting the finished juice. Such a container increases the dimensions of the device, so that the juicer will occupy quite a lot of space.And direct feed is much more convenient. You can pour the juice directly into the jug, and not pour it from the container.
- Container for feeding fruit. It should be large enough so that you can immediately load the required amount of fruit. In addition, the hole should be wide, otherwise before pressing, the fruit should be finely chopped.
- Centrifuge mesh. Particular attention should be paid to the material from which it is made. The best option is stainless steel. But you should also pay attention to the size and number of holes. The more of them, and the thinner they are, the less pulp will be in the finished juice. And some devices are equipped with two or even three grids. But many people prefer juices with pulp, so you need to rely on your own taste.
- The speed of rotation of the centrifuge is also a very important indicator. The quantity and quality of the finished juice directly depends on it. The optimal values are 8-10 thousand revolutions per minute. But, unfortunately, not all manufacturers specify such characteristics.
The screw juicer is an innovation, such devices appeared not so long ago.Its main advantage is the ability to squeeze out any fruits and vegetables, and even berries with stones and herbs. All the excess in the finished juice will not get.
The principle of action is as follows: fruits, berries or vegetables are fed into the loading opening, then they fall into a screw auger and are pressed like in a meat grinder. Cake and bones go in one direction, and the juice is served in a container. For home, this option is optimal, especially if family members love different juices.
What is there to pay attention to?
- Horizontal or vertical mechanism. The vertical screw allows you to simultaneously push, cut, and then chop the fruit. The horizontal mechanism implies the presence and use of the pusher.
- Mechanical or electric drive? In the first case, you will have to carry out all the manipulations with the use of your own power (but not interruptions in electricity). In the second case, the process is simplified and accelerated, but do not forget about the cost of electricity.
Other points of choice
What else do you need to pay attention to when choosing juicers of any type?
- Power. It will depend on the specific type of device. So, citrus juicers have power from 30 to 100 watts.Power centrifuge models can vary from 200 watts to 600 watts. For screw squeezers, the optimal values are as follows: 150-250 W. The greater the power, the higher the spin speed, but the greater the power consumption.
- Body materials. Many models are made of plastic. Such material is light and practical, but, for example, when falling on the floor even from the table, the device can break. But a stronger case made of stainless steel makes the juicer quite heavy. In addition, the juice may acquire a metallic taste.
- Equipment. For example, the kit may include spare parts, various attachments, brushes for cleaning fruits, pushers, foam separators, and more. Some details are needed, others may be useless.
- Size and weight. They depend on the specific functions of the device, as well as on the volume of containers for fruit and for ready-made juice.
- Easy washing and assembly. This is also very important.
- The price depends on the characteristics and functions, as well as the manufacturer.
- Self-cleaning function is very convenient.
- The stability of the device. The base must be wide enough so that in the midst of the process the device does not fall.
- Cable storage compartment. The wire in this case will fit into it, which is very convenient.
- Protection against switching on with the lid open.
- Before buying you can study the reviews, sometimes it helps to make the right choice.
How to drill a file
The best garden centers of Ukraine on the portal for gardeners Landscape.ua
What is and how is the separation
Melania Trump made a fashion mistake
Ice Cream Sticks Casket
Homemade bread in the oven
Pros and cons of vegetable milk
Powerful penetrating lubricant