Kozinaki - a great dessert with your own hands
There is a wide variety of delicacies. Virtually every kitchen in the world has its own special recipes for sweets from traditional products. For example, kozinaki at least once in life tried each of us. But not everyone knows that they can be cooked at home. By the way, it is very simple and easy!
What it is?
What is kozinaki? The birthplace of this delicacy is located in Georgia, although it is not known for certain about this, but many agree that it was this sunny country that gave the world this sweetness.
Initially, kozinaki was a mixture of honey and walnuts, that is, those ingredients that Georgians used to see and use all year round. Most likely, such a sweetness appeared by chance, like everything simple and brilliant.
At first, the dish was festive, often served on a chic New Year's table. Each cooked kozinaki, each contributed something new to the recipe, there were certain tricks.But a lot of time passed, and the delicacy became famous all over the world.
Today, this sweetness is prepared in many countries of the world, but the traditional recipe has changed a little, many options have appeared. You can cook kozinaki not only from walnuts. Used sunflower seeds (this is the option for many closer), sesame and even oat flakes.
And some add apples and other fruits, berries and other most unexpected ingredients that usually play the role of the base. But the link that makes the delicacy exactly the way we used to see it is honey. But today it is often replaced with syrup.
Useful and harmful properties
Like any dish, kozinaki can be viewed from two sides. Let's start with the good. The benefits of this product is its nutritional value.
Nuts are a source of protein, they can easily replace meat (which is what vegetarians use).
Seeds have approximately the same property. In addition, there are also antioxidants, as well as vitamin E. Incredibly much in the composition of carbohydrates, which provide the body with the necessary energy for normal operation.
No less useful and honey.It is a storehouse of vitamins, minerals, as well as all kinds of micro-and macronutrients. No wonder this product is used to treat colds and strengthen the immune system. So this sweetness will be especially useful for people leading an active lifestyle.
One piece will allow you to get a charge of energy and vigor. But there is one important point. The fact is that honey during heat treatment (and cooking implies heating) loses its beneficial properties.
But there is a downside. What is the harm of delicacy? First, it is calorie. So, just 100 grams of the product contains as many as 500-600 calories, which is incredibly much. So if you decide to throw a few extra pounds, then it's better to forget about such sweetness (though you can afford a piece of sutra). And kozinaki, like almost all sweets, is contraindicated for people suffering from diabetes.
How to cook?
So, how to cook kozinaki? This can be done in a variety of ways, since the ingredients can be different. We offer several recipes.
Classic sunflower seed kozinaki
To make sunflower seeds, prepare the following ingredients:
- 300 grams of peeled sunflower seeds;
- 1 tablespoon honey;
- 4 tablespoons of sugar;
- ½ cup water;
- 1 slice of lemon;
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- So, first prepare the syrup. To do this, mix the water with sugar and lemon juice. Pour butter into the pan, add honey. It is best to take liquid honey, as it will need to bring to a boil. When honey boils, add sweet water. Continue to warm up, stirring.
- When the mass begins to darken and thicken, add seeds. Reduce heat to low, stir everything together for one minute.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment (it is better to soak it with oil, so that the gozinaki can easily be separated from the baking paper) and spread the resulting mass. For now, forget about sweets, and after a few hours, check readiness. Is everything frozen? Then you can eat. No? Wait a second.
Hekulesa kozinaki with sesame
You can cook delicious and unusual kozinaki from sesame and rolled oats. They will taste as tasty as traditional ones.
So, here are the ingredients you need:
- 1 cup of oatmeal;
- 50 grams of sesame;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 150 grams of butter.
How to cook? It's simple:
- First, oatmeal lightly fry in a pan, adding a little butter. Roast not for long, just a couple of minutes, otherwise the flakes will simply dry out.
- Now mix the oatmeal with sesame (or fry it immediately with the flakes).
- Now prepare the syrup. To do this, heat the butter in a pan, add sugar and melt it to make a syrup. When the mass becomes thick and dark, add flakes with sesame. Mix everything well.
- Spread the mass in molds (it is most convenient to use silicone).
- When everything stiffens, you can treat guests and feast on the household.
With hazelnuts and walnuts
Incredibly delicious nutty kozinaki! Here are the ingredients you need:
- 100 grams of hazelnut;
- 100 grams of walnuts;
- 200 grams of honey (about 1 glass);
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar.
- All nuts are pre-peeled. If the dainty will contain husks, it will not be tasty. So try.
- Now chop the nuts. The most convenient way to do it on a blender. But do not overdo it, otherwise you will get an incomprehensible mass.It is much more pleasant to feel the taste of nuts.
- Now prepare the syrup.
- Heat the honey in a frying pan. It is best to take no candied honey. When it becomes liquid, add powdered sugar.
- Then add the nuts. Mix well, heat.
- Remove the mass from the fire, put it in the mold and wait until everything has solidified.
And another original recipe.
List of ingredients:
- 150-200 grams of cornflakes;
- 1 pinch of cinnamon;
- 10 grams of butter;
- 1 cup liquid honey.
- First prepare the syrup. To do this, heat the honey in a frying pan, adding butter. Warm it until it darkens.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon, mix everything.
- Cornflakes break a little so that they are not too large. You can use a blender to grind, but you do not need to turn the flakes into powder. You will need small pieces.
- Add flakes to the hot syrup (the fire burns at the same time, but is reduced to a minimum), mix everything up, remove from the fire.
- Put the mass on a baking sheet (lay out the parchment on the bottom of it) and leave it overnight for everything to freeze.
- Done, bon appetit!
Let such a delicacy please all your family and guests! Be sure to note the recipe.
Marbling - art that surprises
How to deal with Medvedka
Dealing with addictions
6 freshest anecdotes, from which it'
The best theme party options