Pork knuckle - dishes for real gourmets
From the pork knuckle you can cook a lot of dishes that will appreciate even the most fastidious gourmet. But to cook it delicious, you need to know and follow some simple rules.
How to choose?
In order for the pork knuckle to be appetizing, really tasty and tender, it is important to make the right choice. And here it is worth paying attention to:
- Age of the animal. Yes, the structure of meat will depend on it, and the younger the pig was, the more gentle it will be. The optimal age is up to two years. More mature pulp can be tough, stringy.
- It is best to choose a club with a hind leg, and the part above the knee, that is, closer to the ham, it will be softer and fleshy.
- Buying pork is desirable either in an organized market, or in a large chain store.
- Before buying, be sure to ask the seller documents confirming that the animal was absolutely healthy, and the meat does not contain pathogenic microorganisms.
- The ideal weight of the knuckle usually ranges from 1200-1800 grams. A more impressive mass should be alerted, as either the animal is too old, or some will be very oily, or the supplier tries to deceive customers by pumping the pulp with liquid.
- If you are planning to cook the shank in the near future, then it is advisable to purchase it chilled. If you are going to use it soon, then buy frozen, as fresh meat is stored for long.
Preparation consists of several stages:
- Thawing. It is desirable to carry out it at room temperature, and not in a microwave oven, then the dish will be more tender and juicy.
- Thawed knuckles should be well washed in running water.
- Further, it is recommended to boil the stick, even if further you are going to bake it.
- Some people prefer to clean the skin, but this is not necessary and even undesirable, as it allows you to preserve juiciness and not to overdry the flesh in the process of preparation.
- It is recommended to remove the bristles (and it will probably be on the surface) not before cooking, but after it, since in the softened state it is removed much faster.Just burn it with a match or a candle.
- As for marinating, it is usually not required, as the knuckle is prepared for quite a long time, so you should not soften it additionally. But you can still use marinade, and the ideal option would be a mixture of seasonings and garlic. Vinegar can give rigidity, but it will add a savory taste and a pleasant aroma.
How to cook?
How to cook pork knuckle? Most often it is baked, and in many different ways. But how long does the whole process usually last? This question worries beginners and even experienced chefs.
Immediately it is worth noting that you will have to be patient and two or three free hours, since this is how much can be spent on a full heat treatment, allowing you to achieve maximum softness and tenderness of meat.
Below are some interesting options.
Make a delicious and soft pork rudder in the oven with a beer.
To prepare you will need:
- 1 pork knuckle;
- 2-2.5 liters of beer (preferably dark);
- 1 onion;
- 8-9 cloves of garlic;
- spices and salt to taste;
- three tablespoons of vegetable oil.
How to cook? It's pretty simple:
- Pens need to be washed and dried thoroughly. Next, make a few cuts in it so that it is well soaked during the cooking process, also rub it with a mixture of salt and spices and leave for an hour. Peel the onion, do not cut it. Peel and chop the garlic.
- Now put the knuckle in the pan with a whole onion and a few cloves of garlic, pour in beer. Boil the meat for one and a half hours. Do not pour out the beer, it will be needed for further watering of the meat during cooking.
- Now move the knuckle to the baking sheet, after rubbing it with the remaining garlic. Pour the rest of the beer over it and put it in the oven.
- Cook the dish for an hour, periodically pouring beer.
This is the simplest method of cooking roasted shank in the sleeve.
You will need:
- 1 pork knuckle;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- any of your favorite seasonings;
- salt to taste
- First, you need to thoroughly rinse and trim the bristle. Boil it is not necessary, because in the sleeve it is well steamed and, thus, fully softened.
- Now rub it with seasoning and salt. In addition, make several incisions in the skin and place garlic cloves in them. Leave the meat to marinate for one and a half to two hours.
- Put the whole knuckle on the sleeve, put it in a baking pan or baking tray and send it to the oven heated to 190 degrees for two hours. Approximately twenty minutes before the readiness, pierce the sleeve in several places so that a delicious crisp will form on the skin.
Now the recipe of cooking shank in foil.
Here's what you need:
- 1 knuckle medium size;
- 50 grams of mustard;
- 50 grams of mayonnaise;
- 50 grams of honey;
- pepper and salt to taste.
- Wash the stick and boil for an hour with the addition of salt and pepper.
- Next, prepare a kind of marinade, mixing mustard, mayonnaise and honey (it is desirable to use liquid). Grate the knuckle and wrap it well with foil so that there is not a single open area left, and then place it on a baking sheet.
- Heat the oven to about 200 degrees and send a baking sheet to it for an hour.
- Next, reduce the heat to 170 degrees and unfold the foil so that the knuckle is covered with an appealing ruddy crust.
Delicious and piquant will turn knuckle, baked with apples.
Here is what you need:
- 1 knuckle;
- 2-3 sweet and sour apples;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- pepper and salt to taste.
- Pens need to wash and dry.
- Peel and crush the garlic in a garlic press or with a knife (you can also rub it on a grater).
- Apples cut into slices, remove the core. It is desirable to clean the peel, especially if it is thick.
- Rub the knuckle with salt, pepper and garlic, put in foil and overlay with apples.
- All very well, wrap and send in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 2.5-3 hours.
- Serve a ready-made roasted shank right with apples, it is very tasty!
How and with what to submit?
In principle, the knuckle can be served with different side dishes, for example, with potatoes, this combination is considered traditional in many countries.
But remember that the dish will surely turn out to be very fat, and so that the meal is not too heavy and does not lead to indigestion, choose something light or even neutralizing fat as a side dish. So, stew or sauerkraut is ideal. And if you want something more unusual and refined, use baked apples.
Table setting and dishes directly can also be any, but if you want to surprise the guests, then cook and serve the whole knuckle, so that everyone can cut off a piece.
Now you can cook shank in many different ways.Surprise the other half or family!
Vanessa Paradis first married
Top 10 of the most famous lakes in the world
How to cancel ticket booking
What can you do if you are late for your flight
Caviar of river fish is a tasty and affordable delicacy
Escaping Entity - In Pursuit Of New Audio Systems
Pram of disposable diapers