Pros and cons of an ultrasonic toothbrush
Every morning begins, as a rule, with hygienic procedures. You wash your face, take a shower and, of course, brush your teeth. We are taught to take care of them since childhood, so everyone knows how important it is to choose the right toothbrush and toothpaste. But often due to time constraints, we grab the first available tooth powder from the store shelf and forget to update the brush once a month. And all this steadily leads to diseases of the oral cavity, in particular, all well-known caries.
But modern achievements of science and technology are not standing still, and now ultrasonic brushes began to appear on the shelves of the bathrooms. Now, it would seem, the problem of thorough teeth cleaning will be solved forever. But is it really?
How it works?
An ultrasonic brush is an electric device powered by batteries. Inside it is a small motor, which is equipped with a piezoelectric plate. Her task is the conversion of electrical energy into mechanical energy.
The essence of the work of the ultrasonic brush lies in the development of oscillatory waves that are transmitted to the bristles, thereby forcing them to move actively. In addition, waves are able to break down plaque, and vibrations of bristles are immediately removed. So the teeth become clean without much effort on your part.
By the way, the number of oscillations of bristles in high-quality and expensive models can reach 100 million per minute. And at this speed, the bacteria simply do not have a chance for survival. Also, such devices are often equipped with sound vibration, which also has a cleaning function.
This device can be used daily or as needed when you need to remove the resulting light pigment or mineralized plaque.
Why is it worth to buy?
Dentists claim that such a device for oral hygiene is more effective than a traditional brush. And there are good reasons for this.
- In addition to teeth, you have the opportunity to thoroughly clean the entire oral cavity, as well as hard-to-reach places (tooth bases and gaps between them). In addition, ultrasound destroys all harmful bacteria.
- This brush is absolutely safe for tooth enamel.
- The time of care for the oral cavity is halved.
- Heat, which is produced in the process of ultrasonic vibrations, improves microcirculation in the tissues of the oral cavity, dilates blood vessels, and also contributes to the release and active action of fluoride in toothpaste, which makes it possible to strengthen the enamel.
- Such a subject of hygiene can be used without fear by people with sensitive teeth and gums, as well as those who wear braces.
These undoubted advantages make such a brush a leader among the must-have items that every modern person should have.
There are downsides
But besides all the advantages, there are also a few drawbacks that you definitely need to pay attention to.
- Bleeding gums. This may be due to their illness or excessive sensitivity.
- High price. Of course, a regular brush will cost you much less, but for the modern development of dentists you will have to pay a hefty price. The cheapest will cost about 3 thousand rubles, and for better ones you will have to pay even more than 10 thousand.
- Fake Due to strong demand and high prices, cases of counterfeit have increased, so buying such a product is best in specialized stores or pharmacies, where you can be given a guarantee of quality.
What to look for when buying?
To get a really high-quality device, you need to know how to choose it. First of all, experts advise to pay attention to the structure of the brush - its head, handle (which should be comfortable to hold in your hand).
In addition, an important role is played by the material from which it is made. Dentists recommend choosing artificial because they are more durable. You also need to pay attention to the presence of a timer and a time indicator that will indicate at the time of the transition to cleaning the next part of the mouth.
To brush worked flawlessly and did not disappoint at the right time, you should choose a model that can be recharged from the network.
Who is contraindicated?
Despite the fact that this harmless device has an extremely hygienic use, there are a number of contraindications.
- To abandon it is worth those who have a pacemaker installed.
- During pregnancy, doctors also do not recommend using this device.
- Any tumors are the strongest contraindication to the use of the brush that works on ultrasound.
- Do not use this device and those who have serious gum disease, because it can cause progression and exacerbation of the disease.
Ultrasonic brush - is a modern and very effective means for the care of the oral cavity. Having made the right choice, you will receive a device that helps to facilitate your morning rituals, as well as cope with all the bacteria that can cause disease.
What is anti-aging cosmetics
Penelope Cruz has posted a snapshot without makeup
Learning to put mustard plasters
Powerful penetrating lubricant
How to drill a file
Tina Kandelaki explained why Russian women do not understand the topic of harassment