Pros and cons of applying myrrh oil
Essential oils are useful, but only if used correctly. This rule applies to myrrh oil, which has a lot of useful properties, but has some nuances of application.
How to get such oil?
Essential myrrh oil is obtained from the bark of trees belonging to the Burzer family, most often from the myrrh or Abyssinian commiphora. They grow in some regions of Africa and in certain places on the coast of the Indian Ocean.
Such plants are often called balsamic trees, as they have bark, literally soaked with so-called oleosmola. And it is from it that the essential oil is then extracted by distillation. It has a yellowish or amber shade and a rather thick and viscous consistency. The smell is saturated and saturated with spicy, woody and smoky notes.
As part of myrrh essential oil many useful components, in particular, a variety of organic compounds, such as bisabolic, carriophilic, cadinene, linalool,gumulene, kurtseren, elemol, alpha-santalene, germacrene D, as well as Lindestren derivatives, which give the product a tart, rich and sharp flavor.
We list the main beneficial properties of myrrh's amazing essential oil:
- This product has pronounced antiseptic and antibacterial properties that allow you to suppress the activity of pathogenic microorganisms, as well as to disinfect tissues and prevent the development of infections.
- Mirro oil has an antiviral effect, allowing you to fight against influenza, ARVI and other viral infections, including herpes.
- With the help of myrrh-based products, mycoses can be treated, that is, fungal lesions, which are eliminated with the help of the fungicidal effect: fungi cease to multiply and gradually die.
- The product has anti-inflammatory properties, so it can be used for various diseases of the skin, oral cavity, upper respiratory tract, gums.
- Myrrh oil can have antispasmodic and analgesic effects, relieve painful menstruation in women, and eliminate headaches and migraines.
- This product can be used as a very effective expectorant, as it stimulates sputum evasion and helps to eliminate inflammation of the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract.
- The oil has a sweatshop effect, which allows you to reduce and normalize body temperature in febrile states.
- Mirra has a mild diuretic effect, improves kidney function and removes excess fluid from body tissues.
- The product accelerates blood circulation and normalizes the blood supply to tissues and vital organs. And this allows to improve the functioning of all major body systems.
- Mirro oil has tonic, restorative and health-improving properties, so it can be used under intensive loads or during rehabilitation after serious illnesses.
- With the help of myrrh-based products, you can increase immunity and strengthen the body's natural protective barrier.
- The product is useful for digestion, as it increases appetite, stimulates the production of gastric juice and peristalsis of intestinal walls, and also helps to fully process food.
- Myrrh can be considered an aphrodisiac, as its spicy bright aroma enhances sexual desire and increases male potency.
- The aroma of oil has a beneficial effect on the psyche and the emotional background of a person: improves mood, reduces nervous excitability and stress, increases stress resistance, and also relieves depression.
- Such numerous positive characteristics of myrrh allow it to be widely used in cosmetology, and in various fields. So, oil is beneficial for the skin: it stimulates the production of collagen and increases elasticity, eliminates acne and acne, helps to narrow the pores, smooths the tone, smoothes fine mimic wrinkles. Also, the product stimulates hair growth and improves their condition.
How to apply myrrh oil? There are several ways, and it is worth considering the most effective:
- With a headache you can make a compress. To do this, dissolve ten drops of oil in a third cup of warm water. Dampen gauze or soft cloth several times in liquid, place it on the forehead and temples. After an hour you can remove the compress.
- Dermatological diseases are effective lotions.Cotton pads are moistened in a solution prepared from a third glass of water and 10-15 drops of myrrh oil, and applied to inflammation for fifteen to twenty minutes. Also, the liquid can simply wipe the affected areas of the skin.
- For inflammation of the mouth, gums and throat in a glass of boiled water, dissolve fifteen drops of oil and use this mixture to rinse up to ten times a day.
- Cough can be alleviated by inhalation. For the procedure, dissolve about 15 drops of myrrh oil in hot water. Place your head above the container and inhale the steam for ten minutes.
- To relax and improve sleep, use aromatherapy. Put ten drops of oil into an aromatic lamp and inhale its aroma for half an hour or an hour (fifteen minutes will be enough for the first time).
- Add seven drops of the product to the base oil before the massage to make the procedure even more efficient and useful.
- For use in cosmetology, myrrh oil can be added to finished cosmetics or homemade products, for example, masks, natural oils. For one portion enough ten drops.
In what cases the application is not allowed?
There are few contraindications to the use of myrrh essential oil, and these include individual hypersensitivity. But it is worth remembering that the product may cause allergic reactions, so before use it is advisable to conduct a test: put a drop on your wrist and follow the reaction of the skin during the day. If no unpleasant symptoms occur, then start using the oil according to the recipe.
Important: Do not exceed the allowable dosage, otherwise there may be side effects, such as dizziness or headaches, hyperemia of the mucous membranes or skin, redness, tingling and burning, itching.
Use myrrh oil for healing and rejuvenation!
What shoes to wear with a mini length
75th edition. Habitat gold ring watch
How to make insoles with your own hands in 15 minutes
How to celebrate the New Year with my husband
How to improve the immunity of adults and children at home