Cheesy Veg Tart | How To Make Mini Tart Shell
Quick Summery Veggie Tart
May 2, 2012
Refrigerated ready-to-unroll piecrust is the shortcut secret to this savory tart. Slathered with basil cream cheese, it's filled with squash, peppers, and zucchini.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 25
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
small Red Onion
large red pepper
1/4 c. fresh basil leaves
small yellow squash
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium-high. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add onion, red pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook 4 minutes or until softened and browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Mixture can be refrigerated, covered, up to overnight.
- While mixture cools, combine cream cheese, basil, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; stir until well mixed. With vegetable peeler, peel zucchini and squash lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Lay piecrust flat on jelly-roll pan. Spread cream cheese mixture in even layer, leaving 1-inch border. Spread onion-pepper mixture over cream cheese; decoratively arrange zucchini and squash ribbons on top. Fold border of dough over vegetable mixture. Brush remaining teaspoon oil over zucchini and squash.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until browned. Serve tart warm or at room temperature.
Video: Fresh Fruit Tart | Easy Tart Recipe | Beat Batter Bake With Priyanka
How to Eat a Heart-Healthy Diet Without Feeling Deprived
How to Use Proper Etiquette when Smoking
Spicy Vegetable Soup
Best of Both Worlds: Get Julianne Hough’s Modern-Meets-Bridal Monique Lhuillier Crop Top and Skirt
How to Make Beats with Your Pencil
Sausages with Orange, Olive, and Sweet Onion Relish
How to Slip Stitches Onto a Stitch Holder
Tag: Messy hairstyles
My Mom Is My Best Friend
The Boldest, Brightest Makeup To Fight WinterBlues
Pool in New York City has women-only hours
Date: 07.12.2018, 17:14 / Views: 45142