H1N1 Influenza Cases Increase
Sample Flu Outbreak Briefing
Residents of Pleasantville:
Flu outbreaks are on the rise in town this year. Even this early into flu season, the Pleasantville Center for Disease Stoppage has projected a 23% increase in residents touched by this illness.
Though you can’t always stop the flu from reaching you, you can minimize its impact. If you aren’t infected, follow these steps:
- Minimize skin contact by wearing gloves and avoiding handshakes, hugs, etc. when possible.
- Use gloves or a napkin to open doors, turn on faucets, and flush public toilets.
- If a family member or friend is sick, keep your time in the same place as them to a minimum.
- Eat a balanced diet with plenty of Vitamin C.
- Get plenty of exercise.
- Take plenty of breaks a day.
- Don’t stress!
If you are ill, this list can help you avoid infecting others while healing faster:
- Stay in! By city statute 7.3.10, no employer can require a sick employee to come to work, especially if their illness is infectious.
- Avoid your family as much as possible. While you can’t avoid having people bring you meals/medicine, try to stay back and tell them to touch as little as they can.
- Eat healthy if you can.
- Only visit a doctor or other public health area if you feel your illness could cause serious damage or death.
- Make sure all pets that might otherwise go outside to play are inside most of the day.
- Take all medicines, vitamins, and other consumables as directed.
Video: WRAP WHO briefing on latest swine flu outbreak world developments ADDS more
Could You Have a Deviated Septum
How to Buy the Basics for Your Car
5 Clever Makeup Tricks To Hide Your Double Chin
Can You Really Tone Your Body With Exercise
8 Killer Workout Routines to Get In the Best Shape Ever
What President Obama Said to Malia and Sasha About the Election Will Make You Cry
Why British people wear hats to the royal wedding
25 Hottest Ombre Hair Color Ideas Right Now
The Best Tools For Every Kind of EyebrowSituation
How to Be Like a Warrior Nymph (Fantasy)
Gisele Bündchen got breast implants and instantly regretted it
6 Steps to Finding the Right Running Shoes
How to Identify Asbestos in Plaster