Tips for cooking currant jam
Sweets like many, and if it's a fragrant currant jam, then such a dessert will certainly please the sweet tooth. And there are many ways to prepare it, among which you will find the right one.
Preparation of berries
First, currant berries should be prepared. Go through them to remove spoiled and rotted specimens. Then wash the berries in running water, simultaneously removing the stalks, leaves and remaining branches.
Washed currants put in a colander to glass excess water. It is not necessary to dry the berries, because the preparation of jam involves further contact with water.
How can I make fragrant and delicious currant jam? There are a lot of recipes, and the following are some of the simplest and most successful.
Method number 1
This is a classic recipe that requires the use of the following ingredients:
- 900 grams of ripe black currant;
- 1000 grams of sugar;
- half a glass of water.
- Put the prepared berries into any container of suitable size and chop with an immersion blender. For grinding, you can also use a meat grinder.
- When the currant puree becomes homogeneous, move it to a thick-bottomed pan, place on medium heat, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add sugar and stir it with a large spoon to dissolve all the crystals.
- Next, boil the mass for half an hour over medium heat, reduce it and continue cooking for ten minutes.
- Spread ready-made jam in clean and sterilized jars and roll the key.
Method number 2
If you want to get currant jam quickly to enjoy it immediately, then use this method. And here's what you need:
- 1 kg of black currant;
- 1.3 kg of sugar.
- Washed and dried berries are combined with sugar and are crushed with it in any way, for example, they are passed through a meat grinder.
- Berry mass with sugar is put into a saucepan, put on the fire.
- The mixture over high heat is brought to a boil, then on average cooks 5-10 minutes, depending on the desired total density.
- It will remain hot jam ordered by the banks, but you can eat it immediately, a little cool.
Method number 3
From the currant can be cooked a very tasty and thick jam-confiture, which will be in addition to any dessert or a separate sweet delicacy. So, the list of components is as follows:
- 1000 grams of currant;
- 700 grams of sugar;
- 12-20 g of gelatin (about 1 tablespoon);
- 2/3 cup of water.
- For starters, get some currants. After washing it is necessary to grind it using a meat grinder or a blender. Bring the puree to a boil and cook for about ten minutes.
- Gelatin pour a small amount of water and leave to swell.
- Prepare the syrup: in the remaining water, dissolve all the sugar, and this mixture is brought to a boil and cook for a few minutes until thick. Add the swollen gelatin and stir it thoroughly.
- Now, combine the hot berry puree with sugar-gelatin syrup. Put the container on the fire, boil the contents for about fifteen minutes after boiling over low heat.
- Allow the mass to infuse, boil for another five minutes and lay out on the banks, roll up. Ready-made jam is thick and rich.
Method number 4
From black currant you can make a delicate jam without skins and bones, which is surely very popular with children. It is necessary to prepare the following ingredients:
- two kg of ripe currants;
- half a glass of water;
- 1.5 kilograms of sugar.
- Put the washed and sifted currants in a bowl or saucepan, cover with water and blanch for almost ten minutes at maximum heat.
- During heat treatment, the skins should burst and will be easy to remove. Put the currants in portions in a sieve or a mesh colander and wipe it with a spoon or a ladle so that the pulp flows out and the bones with the peel remain.
- Combine currant puree with sugar, boil for 10-15 minutes after boiling, then leave for three to four hours, boil again, leave and boil the final third time.
- It remains to roll a gentle jam in jars, but you can immediately offer it to tea after cooling.
Method number 5
Stunning bright and, of course, delicious jam made of red currant. And for its preparation will require:
- 1500 g of red currant;
- 1500 g of powdered sugar (or very finely ground sand);
- one large ripe lemon.
- The first step is the grinding of red currant berries. Pass them through a meat grinder or puree in a blender.
- The second step is to mix currant puree with sugar.
- The third step is heat treatment. Sugar and berry mass should be moved to the pan, bring to a boil and cook for fifteen minutes.
- The fourth step is to prepare the lemon zest. It is rubbed on a grater and introduced into the jam to reveal its taste and preserve the bright aroma.
- The fifth step is the completion of the process. After five minutes, turn off the fire.
- Finally, the final step - the distribution of banks and the subsequent roll-in for the winter.
Finally, recommendations to experienced and novice hostesses for making the most delicious currant jam:
- Jam is best cooked in an enamel saucepan or made of stainless steel. In other containers, berries may oxidize and change taste.
- Choose only high-quality, ripe and juicy berries for making jams.
- The longer the jam is boiled, the thicker it turns out. But with a short treatment, the maximum of useful substances is preserved.
- For the desired consistency, you can also enter into the composition of various thickeners, for example, gelatin, starch, pectin.
- To flavor and improve the taste add other sweet berries, such as strawberries, cherries.Good with currants combined citrus - oranges.
Concentrated Tomato Products
Pros and cons of vegetable milk
Pig - a symbol of 2019 do-it-yourself: a master class with step by step photos
Needlework from the beginnings to our time
How can I use a watercress?
Pupsiki Yo-yo crocheted