Wallpaper in the apartment: how to choose and pokleit?
Wallpapers are practically the face of your home, because they are a very important part of the interior. But how to choose them to emphasize the dignity of the room and hide its flaws? This is not as simple as it may seem at first glance, because there are so many options. And yet you can make the right choice.
So, to begin with we will list the main types of wallpaper:
- The oldest and most popular are paper ones. Previously, this option was the only available. But there are a number of shortcomings. First, such wallpaper is prone to contamination, but you can not wash them. Secondly, they can fade in the sun. Thirdly, the service life is small, so they will not serve for half a century. In addition, at high humidity of the room such wallpaper can swell, swell, so that in the bathroom to stick them will not work. Drawings can be very diverse. The main advantage is the price, it is very acceptable.
- Vinyl wallpapers are made by applying a layer of polyvinyl chloride on the paper, which provides a kind of protection. This option has good wear resistance.Damage (minor) is not terrible, minor defects of the walls will be safely hidden, and the material is not afraid of moisture.
- Flizelinovye. Instead of a layer of paper, non-woven fabric is used here, which contains fabric fibers and cellulose. These wallpapers will last for a long time, perfectly hide all the defects of the walls due to its dense texture, and also protect the room from the fungus. In addition, the walls can be washed, they will not fade in the sun. It should be noted and environmental friendliness, as well as a variety of textures. And this wallpaper is easy to glue.
- Silk-screen printing - wallpapers with silk threads in the top cover. The main advantage is the appearance. The shimmering walls are gorgeous. They will not be afraid of moisture and fade, the coating is very durable. Use in different types of rooms is possible.
- Acrylic - practical and inexpensive, perfectly breathable. But they are afraid of high humidity. You can glue not in all rooms, wipe should be very carefully. The choice of colors and textures is not very large.
- Textile - made of paper, fabric and synthetic fibers. It is very beautiful, environmentally friendly and safe. But you will often have to clean these wallpapers (they attract dust and dirt), and this can only be done in a dry way. In addition, it is not so easy to glue, special skills are required.Uneven walls may be noticeable.
- Liquid wallpaper is a dry mixture that must be diluted in water and applied to the walls. Joints will not be, burnout, too. But you can not wash the walls, and if damage is required restoration. In addition, the options of textures and colors are few, and the cost of such a material is quite high.
- Cork wallpapers are thick and provide excellent noise insulation. But they are expensive, swell from moisture, require special coating and glue.
- Metallized - is a paper base, covered with foil. Next, spraying or embossing is done. All this is perfectly washed and serves for a long time, but it is difficult to stick and costs a lot.
- Glass fiber is made of fiberglass. They are durable, practical and safe. But you can glue them only on super-resistant glue and on the prepared surface. And to remove the wallpaper is quite difficult.
- Carpet. Original and practical. Good noise absorption, resistance to damage.
- Veneer wallpaper is cozy, durable and inexpensive. Wood veneer is applied on paper.
- Quartz wallpaper - new. The granular surface hides imperfections, is easily painted and hides defects.But they are expensive and quite difficult to stick.
How to choose the coloring? Here it is important to pay attention to a few points:
- The size of the room. Remember that bright colors and shiny surface are ways to visually enlarge a room. The horizontal pattern will visually expand the walls, and the vertical one will slightly raise the ceiling. But the motley colors - not the best option.
- Lighting. If the room is dark, then do not choose a dark wallpaper, give preference to the light.
- Room If the hall will look good deep noble tones (burgundy, brown), then for the bedroom it is better to choose something brighter (a great option - pastel shades). And in the kitchen walls can be blue, green or bright, for example, yellow or orange. It is proved that it stimulates the appetite.
- The drawing can be any, but the main thing is that it does not irritate you. So in the bedroom there is no place for bright and numerous patterns, they will prevent you from falling asleep. But something neutral and soothing (flowers, landscapes) is quite appropriate.
- And, of course, do not forget about personal preferences.
How to glue?
How beautiful wallpaper glue in the apartment? This question has been asked more than once by anyone faced with repairs. We will give a detailed answer.
What is required?
First, prepare all the necessary tools and fixtures. Here is what you need:
- glue (which one you need is indicated in the instructions for wallpaper);
- brush or roller for applying glue;
- rubber roller (to remove bubbles);
- dry cloth;
- measurement level;
- stationery knife;
- putty knife;
To prevent the wallpaper from falling off the next day, you need to prepare the walls:
- Old wallpaper you need to remove. It will be more convenient to do this if you first soak them, and then remove them with a spatula.
- Old paint needs to be removed. Use a pelt, spatula, or grinder to do this (or ask your husband to get an industrial hairdryer).
- Plaster can be washed off with water.
- All irregularities need to be puttied up to hide them.
- Then apply a primer, it will provide better adhesion of the wallpaper to the surface.
- When everything is dry, you can begin to glue the wallpaper.
How to do it right?
- So, first you need to cut the roll. To do this, measure the distance from the ceiling to the floor, add 2-5 centimeters. If the picture needs to be joined, then add the distance of the docking (usually it is indicated on the roll). Prepare at once several canvases.Cut everything along a ruler or drawn lines with a knife.
- Start to glue better from the window. Measure from it a distance equal to the width of the roll. Make a few marks, draw a straight vertical floor line.
- Spread the first strip of wallpaper with glue. It should not be too much, but a small amount will not be enough. Some wallpapers require coating with glue and walls.
- Proceed to sticking. Focus on the drawn strip. Glue a piece of the sheet at the ceiling (on the ceiling it is better not to go), then move down, gradually and neatly. Spread wallpaper, press them in the center, spread to the edges of the sheet. Carefully remove any air bubbles with a rubber roller or dry cloth. Cut off the excess with a stationery knife.
- At the joint, paste the next strip and so continue on, moving from one wall to the other (clockwise or counterclockwise).
- If you need to glue the outlet or switch, in the middle make a cross-shaped incision, and then gradually cut off the unnecessary parts. To make it look beautiful, fill the edges into the hole (after removing the outlet) and glue.
- Be more careful in the corners.Glue the part on one wall, holding the other part, press down the wallpaper in the recess, then glue the other part. But if the drawing does not need to be combined, then it is recommended to glue the corners overlap.
- In the areas of windows and openings will need to cut the necessary parts.
Let your walls be perfect!
Escaping Entity - In Pursuit Of New Audio Systems
How can you plan the sex of the unborn child
80 series. Habitat - Zero Calories Online
Halle Berry effectively stripped after the Oscars
How to get rid of terrible bulldog cheeks
Is the tar soap effective to treat hair and skin?